[SOLVED] Open-backed headphones for gaming ?

kanon82

Honorable
Dec 26, 2016
hi, I would like some advice on open-backed gaming headphones, I saw that the audiotechnica 700x are very well seen, but I would need them with the microphone, do you have any headphones to advise me on that quality? mainly i use them for generic and multiplayer games, as amp i would have is a Sound Blaster AE7, thank you very much

Solution
both cannot be found where I live (Italy-Europe)
here i can find dat
Sennheiser GAME ONE
are similar to pc37x?
for 7.1 do I have to take a dedicated headset or is my soundblaster ae7 card enough?
sorry all the questions, but it's just to be sure .. because i see headphones already 7.1, but i guess they have a sound card they do 7.1 .. or is it how the drivers are built?
Thanks alot

No headphones are 7.1 or 5.1, it's done with audio tricks in the software using the soundcards. You have stereo, and the rest is done with the sound card drivers.

The Game One is similar to the pc37x but I have not compared them myself.

kanon82

Honorable
Dec 26, 2016
Sennheiser pc37x or pc38x are probably the best for open back headsets at a decent price.
here i can find dat
Sennheiser GAME ONE
are similar to pc37x?
for 7.1 do I have to take a dedicated headset or is my soundblaster ae7 card enough?
sorry all the questions, but it's just to be sure .. because i see headphones already 7.1, but i guess they have a sound card they do 7.1 .. or is it how the drivers are built?
Thanks alot

Last edited:
here i can find dat
Sennheiser GAME ONE
are similar to pc37x?
Thanks alot

No headphones are 7.1 or 5.1, it's done with audio tricks in the software using the soundcards. You have stereo, and the rest is done with the sound card drivers.

The Game One is similar to the pc37x but I have not compared them myself.

Solution

chetmaster12

Honorable
Jan 19, 2015
hi, I would like some advice on open-backed gaming headphones, I saw that the audiotechnica 700x are very well seen, but I would need them with the microphone, do you have any headphones to advise me on that quality? mainly i use them for generic and multiplayer games, as amp i would have is a Sound Blaster AE7, thank you very much

You didn't list a budget, so I'm just going to give my overall recommendation. From the headphones I've tried, the Grado SR225E is easily my favorite and I feel that they are quite accurate. They aren't as good as proper studio monitors, but they're as close as I have been able to find in headphones. Even though I find them to be pretty accurate, they aren't fatiguing.

TRENDING THREADS