Question Gaming PC, <=$2500 CAD Build Comments and Suggestions?

So, my younger brother wants a system that can play games in high settings, high framerates, on probably 2K max (1080p is probable, though). He'd generally be keeping up with shooter titles. Plays stuff like Overwatch, League, MC, would play the new Dying Light, that sort of business. His computer right now is really chugging along, so he's looking at a new one.

Parts ideally sourced from Memory Express to avoid returns issues, max $2500 Canadian Pesos. Good value for lower is nice though. Ignore storage. We'll figure that out dynamically. OS is probably accounted for too.

Here's what I've sort of got so far:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor ($399.99 @ Amazon Canada)
CPU Cooler: Noctua - NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler ($109.95 @ Amazon Canada)
Motherboard: MSI - Z370 GAMING PLUS ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($149.99 @ Memory Express)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($129.99)
Video Card: Asus - GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB STRIX GAMING OC Video Card ($724.00 @ Amazon Canada)
Case: Cooler Master - MasterBox MB500 ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ Memory Express)
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx (2018) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($139.99 @ Amazon Canada)
Total: $1753.90
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-24 18:33 EDT-0400

Now, in regard to this build, some questions (and please note, this isn't immutable if you have better ideas):

1. Is the jump to an i7-9700k worth? It'd be about +120$ right now.
  2. It says that the case and the cooler aren't compatible... but Memex's specs seem to suggest sufficient clearance?
And of course, suggestions and comments welcome. Thanks!

Lutfij

Titan
If you're working with a non-K suffix processor, no need for aftermarket cooling, save money there. If you're not going to use all the slots on the board, expansion slots wise, then might want to look at an matx or mitx build if you're only going to work with one discrete GPU. I'd also look at DDR4-3200MHz rams. If you want to overclock the processor, get the i7-8700K.

I'd wait if he can for the new Ryzens to hit, benchmarks, etc. From leaks, seems to be a really good chip.
While I appreciate the wisdom in that.... due to stock shortages on the Intel processors for some time, he's already waited 2 or 3 months. For some reason Memex just was not able to keep stock of them. So I doubt he'd be so patient at this point. Thanks for the suggestion though.

g-unit1111

Titan
If you're using a locked CPU, there's no reason to buy a D14 or a Z370 motherboard. You could drop that to an H if you want to save some money.

Waiting for Ryzen, yeah you could do that sure. The 3700X and 3850X are going to be game changers and if you can fit them into your budget, great.