Status
Not open for further replies.

23dexter89

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
Hi Experts,

My Gaming PC is suffering from a boot problem. I apologize for the length of the post. The event sequence is as follows:

1. Experienced about 4 random restarts while being used yesterday. Didn't think much of it but I noted it down.
2. After shutting down for the night and starting up this morning noted the following:
  1. No signal to display - Check the monitor - its working
  2. No Beeps, or sound from headphones.
  3. Holding down the Power button for 4 seconds didn't work.
  4. pressing the reset button didn't work
3. Disconnected total power to PC left it for a bit and tried starting it observed following:
  1. The Asus TUF Gaming logo comes up and boot begins, screen goes black and again the TUF Gaming logo comes up, but boots to windows.
  2. When trying to login to windows again goes into a reboot, and this time it's just a back screen and monitor loses signal.
4. Repeated step 3 again. Observations:
  1. Very fast boot to windows, no "logo looping".
  2. Able to login to windows, but again lost signal to display and goes into a boot but nothing happens.
  3. After leaving PC in this vegetative state for about 10 mins, it suddenly booted back up. Seems to be working fine as of typing this post.
No Overclocks
No recent software changes
New hardware added few months back (PSU and Graphics Card)

Hardware:
AMD Risen 5 3600/TUF Gaming X570-PLUS(wifi)/2x8GB DDR4/Asus RTZ 3060Ti/Asus Thor 850w PSU/Samsung EVO SSD + generic HDD/Corsair H100i Cooler.

VGA and PSU - Less than 6 Months (Under warranty)
MB & CPU - Close to 3.5 Years (Out of warranty)
Everything else - More than 5 years (Prehistoric)

Software:
Windows 11 Home - Up to date.

What's causing this issue? I don't have a lot of experience in troubleshooting hardware, but I hope this is detailed enough to get a basic idea.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Solution
Can you include the BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time? It could be a motherboard issue, if you're on the latest BIOS version. If you're not on the latest BIOS version, update to the latest, then clear the CMOS and then see if the issue persists.

Did you use DDU to remove all GPU drivers from the platform prior to dropping in the RTX3060Ti?

Lutfij

Titan
Can you include the BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time? It could be a motherboard issue, if you're on the latest BIOS version. If you're not on the latest BIOS version, update to the latest, then clear the CMOS and then see if the issue persists.

Did you use DDU to remove all GPU drivers from the platform prior to dropping in the RTX3060Ti?

Reactions: 23dexter89
Solution

23dexter89

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010

Thank you for your response.

BIOS version is 4403 released on 04/27/2022

No, I didn't use a DDU. Just removed the one i had and Installed the new one. I have had the card for a few months now, No issues so far.

I have not experienced this issue since posting here. Could it be a one-off fluke?

Status
Not open for further replies.