[SOLVED] Gaming PC Build (Any good?)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jun 1, 2020
Hello!
A few days ago i posted a Lumos build that i discovered i had done a terrible job of configuring. Using the suggestions there, i started over from scratch.
Primary use is gaming, wuth some streaming and video editing mixed in.
Budget is up to about $2700, although preferably a bit less. Ideally, would like to place the order by the end of the week.

Anyways, i think it's markedly better than my last attempt, but would truly appreciate any suggestions, or if there are any changes that i should make.

Build:

http://www.cybertronpc.com/c/WXln

https://www.cybertronpc.com/cart

Processor: AMD Ryzen™ 7 3800X 3.90GHz Octa-Core
Motherboard: ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS Wi-FI
Memory: 2x Patriot Elite Viper
Graphics Card: NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2070 SUPER™ 8GB6
Operating System Storage: Samsung 512GB 970 PRO PCIe 3.0 NVMe M.2
CPU Liquid Cooling: CLX Quench 240 Closed Liquid Cooler
Secondary Storage: Seagate 1TB 2.5in SATA3 BarraCuda SSD
Chassis Selection: Gamdias Talos P1 Mid-Tower Black
Chassis Fans: 4x Standard 120mm Case Fans
Power Supply: 750 Watt GAMDIAS Kratos M1
Price: $2,113

Solution

Where in the US? Do you have a Micro Center near you?

I'm running the same build you are looking at, but I have 16GB of RAM and that has been more than enough.

And trying to find a good quality PSU for a fair price is tough right now. I'm running a Seasonic Focus gold 650 watt.

The NVMe slots are golden imo. I'm running two 1TB NVME drives and would suggest upgrading to a 1TB if you can. You'll get hooked on them.

Great pc build sir, you'll love it.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
I ended up reversing course at the last minute and getting a Corsair 680x with these same components. I couldnt find a case that i liked on that site; the one i had chosen had terrible reviews, and the rest either had subpar reviews or were just plain ugly.
If you were looking to spend $100 on a case, I could recommend the Fractal Design Meshify C either the solid side panel or the tempered glass side panel version.

Plenty of room inside for all your components and great airflow, all with a smaller footprint than a normal sized mid size tower.
You get internal space that's the same as a full size mid tower, but a physical case size that's somewhere between a full size mid tower and an mATX case.

I personally have this case and it's fantastic.

Reactions: cranky_messiah
Jun 1, 2020
Well, i wish i had the ability to build it myself. Unfortunately, I dont know how, and i honestly dont have the time to hunker down and try to learn/teach myself. I'm a single parent, and j work from 8am to 6pm Monday - Friday. Maybe if i wasnt spending so much... but since i am, i dont want to risk trying something i have zero familairity with and potentially messing something up. So i was stuck with the options available on those pre-build sites.
I spent a stupid amount of time comparing and researching cases. I guess i probably could have spent that time researching how to build on my own, lol.

The Corsair 680x case has good reviews from what i saw, at least. It came down to that or the Neuron (or the Lumos, which is actually my favorite. But Digital Storm has a 6-week build estimate, and i dont want to wait that long).