[SOLVED] Gaming PC Build for 1080p 60Hz

PC_Philipp

Commendable
Nov 13, 2019
Hey,
I am about to build a decent 1080p 60hz Gaming PC vor a friend of mine. He wants to Play some AAA Games with good quality nur nothing too fancy. I wanna know your opinion in the build i did so far (maybe 30mins of time went into it)

Components:
AMD ryzen 5 3600 (Stock cooler)
Nvidia GTX 1660
Msi b450 Gaming plus max
Intel 660p 1tb
Corsair vengeance lpx 3200 2x8gb
Any HDD (Not Sure If He needs one)
Any Case (with pre installed Case coolers)

Any thoughts or changes/improvements?
I personally think this build would make a decent 1080p 60hz PC for today and some years to come

Thanks in advance for the replys :)

Solution
Should work fine, but I would consider a better PSU. BeQuiets straight power series is not the best.
A Corsair CX550 would be a better option.

You could drop the CPU to a R5 2600 and up the graphics card to something more powerful like a 1660 super. This probably would merit better performance in general.

What is your budget for this PC?

ProgamerIV

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
Hi!

This configuration is perfect, even a little more powerful than what's really required.
My only suggestion is to get an aftermarket cooler. The default Wraith is not bad, but I just built a rig with this CPU and the stock cooler, it was a little bit too loud for me under load. I got a very cheap Cooler Master Hyper T20 and even that managed to cool it better and to stay more quiet.

Other than that, this configuration is great.

EDIT: If you choose a cheap case, the included fans may also be loud. Maybe it's just my thing, but if I build a new rig I like it to be quiet. :)

Should work fine, but I would consider a better PSU. BeQuiets straight power series is not the best.
A Corsair CX550 would be a better option.

You could drop the CPU to a R5 2600 and up the graphics card to something more powerful like a 1660 super. This probably would merit better performance in general.

What is your budget for this PC?

Solution

PC_Philipp

Commendable
Nov 13, 2019
Thanks for all the fast answers :) yeah I'll try to get a Case with silent coolers and maybe a extra CPU cooler since pretty good Options are actually around at only 20€ -40€
As for the psu i'll Just read some Reviews but if its true i'll go for the Corsair one
I dont really Care about the Money since my friend is buying it :D but less is better ^^ do you really think that you should downgrade your CPU for better gpu at a 1080p Setup? Isnt CPU more important at lower resolutions?