Gaming pc build for around £550

Sep 24, 2018
Hi there,

Im getting into pc gaming and want to build a system for around £550, (I can go a little above) and was wondering if someone could recommend me a build that runs games at 60fps at 1080p on high to ultra high settings but is also 'future proof'.

I was thinking of buying the parts around black friday so was wandering where would be the best place to buy from and how much money you estimate I would get off.

Thanks in advance,
Zac.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor (£142.48 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - B450M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (£68.40 @ Aria PC)
Memory: Team - Vulcan 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (£67.99 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£34.74 @ Aria PC)
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 3GB Mini Video Card (£177.98 @ Ebuyer)
Case: Cooler Master - MasterBox Lite 5 ATX Mid Tower Case (£39.98 @ Novatech)
Other: Corsair CP-9020102-UK CX Series CX550M ATX/EPS Semi-Modular 81 Plus Bronze 550 W Power Supply Unit (£55.99 @ Box Limited)
Total: £587.56
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-24 17:56 BST+0100

Solution

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
How much money you could save, entirely depends on what you're looking at.

Black Friday/Cyber Monday isn't used to discount 'new' products. It's used to blow out old inventory.
I would expect to see some decent savings on 1st Gen Ryzen, and maybe KabyLake, along with their associated motherboards.

Storage is something you can typically make some solid savings on. You don't need the latest and greatest, so an older model SSD or HDD can be found cheaply.

Memory, Power Supplies, good quality Coolers etc, not so much.

tl;dr. Too early to say, but you're not going to be saving much on the latest component releases.

g-unit1111

Titan

Yeah exactly - anything of any decent quality you're not going to find on Black Friday. It's designed to get you in the door and that's about it. You might see some previous generation components blacklisted but anything new and of any decent quality is *NOT* going to be discounted. You'll never see, say a current generation i7 for the price of an i5. That will never happen.