GAMING PC BUILD, is it good/complete? (high budget)

Archangel8424

Reputable
Sep 5, 2015
Hello everyone! I would like to know if this build is solid and complete:

CPU- Intel Core i7 6700k
MOTHERBOARD- MSi Z170A Gaming M5
RAM- Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz DDR4 2x8GB
GPU- Gigabyte GTX980 Ti G1 Gaming (VGA GBT GTX980TI 6GB G1 Gaming)
HD- Seagate SV35 2 TB
CPU COOLER- bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
PSU- 650W XFX P1-650X-XXB9
SSD- Crucial MX200 250GB
CASE- Cooler Master Storm Stryker
MONITOR- ASUS RoG Swift PG278Q

I didn't put the prices because i am italian and they might be a little off

Obviously i will also need a mouse, a keyboard, speakers and a headset. Will i also need amplifiers and a soundcard or my CPU/GPU are enough to give me good sound already?
Screws and fans? Will i need to buy mroe or everything is with the components?

Sorry for all the questions, it's my first time building a PC :p
Thanks!

Archangel8424

Reputable
Sep 5, 2015
I don't really know if screws and fans are included in the components. I don't really to want to find myself waiting when i'll have all the parts because i didn't get the smaller stuff :p

JusticeB-Done

Reputable
Sep 4, 2015
yeah its pretty solid build although one thing you do to make it better is get a gigabyte z170 gaming g1 or m7 motherboard. also since it isn't written down in your first post, another 980ti for an sli config

Archangel8424

Reputable
Sep 5, 2015

So i should get two GTX 980 TIs? Isn't that kind of overkill since i plan to play on a 2K monitor?
What about the sound card, screws and fans?

JusticeB-Done

Reputable
Sep 4, 2015

oh my bad I assumed it was going to be 4k by looking at your other specs. Yea I guess its overkill when you put it that way but 2 980 ti's will alow you to play anygame at ultra 4k 60fps+ so incase you do get a 4k monitor later on....

NormH

Distinguished
lol everything about your build is overkill.....other than the power supply. there is no need for an i7 an i5 would do fine.....16gb ram is overkill unless you are doing heavy video editing also ddr3 is fine no need to transition to ddr4 yet..... unless you want to game at max settings in all games at 4k resolution the 980ti is overkill alone so 2 would be a waste.... for $1000-$1100 dollars you can build a great gaming machine that will play next gen games very well for 4+ years no need to buy a rig for $1800+ that will be outdated in as little as 2 years after the $1100 build.

thats just my 2 cents

Archangel8424

Reputable
Sep 5, 2015

Thing is, since a fairly large sum of money came my way i want to make the best gaming computer i can(without it being too much overkill) so that i don't have to worry about changing stuff in the next 3/4+ years. Basically, i want a PC capable of handling a multitude of things, but mainly gaming, for a few years without having to worry about it in the future.

What about the Power Supply? I may change it to a Cooler Master V650S or EVGA SuperNOVA 650 GS or G2 or Antec EDGE 650, because i was told those ones are better

What about fans, screws and soundcard? Sorry if i repeat myself but those are the things that i still don't have an answer for

JusticeB-Done

Reputable
Sep 4, 2015

are you talking about case screws? those come with the case and the soundcard is a good addon to have, it significantly improves the quality of audio, but if you chose not to get a sound card then don't worry cuz the motherboard has onboard sound

Archangel8424

Reputable
Sep 5, 2015

I've actually just made a build there and it came out that the PC, without taking into account the 750 of the monitor and about 250 of taxes(Italy, how fantastic :sarcastic: ), is about 1800 in price, "just" 200 more than yours. Really, at this point i don't know if it's worth it to change build, unless it will produce problems on the long run (like overheating and stuff)