Gaming PC Build limited by local market

teresaalice

Commendable
Oct 15, 2016
Hello guys! I saved money to buy my new gaming PC and in my country (brazil) not everything is available. I am having a lot of questions and a friend of mine said to me to post the build here!

Here's my build:

• Motherboard: Asus Z170-A
    CPU: i7 6700 Skylake
    Heatsink/Cooler: Stock
    GPU: GTX 1070 Gigabyte G1 Gaming
    RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4 2133Mhz
    HD: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM 64MB
    SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250gb
    Power Supply: Corsair 550W RM550X 80PLUS Gold Modular

I really wanted the EVGA FTW version because of the RGB leds but the price difference here is just not worth it.

About the RAM, do I use 4x4GB or 2x8GB?

Is the Samsaung 850 Evo worth it? People say a lot of good stuff about these but at the same time say they have a tendency to have problems.

Will my power supply sufice? My other option is a Cougar GX 800W, the stores here doesn't have any other power supplies with reasonable price. If anyplace had a 650w of a RM I would probably buy it instead of this one.

I'm having a really hard time with the case because I really wanted the Corsair Carbide 400C and is sold out everywhere. At first I wanted a NZXR S340 but it's near double the price of the carbides that I liked.

Sorry about any english mistakes and thank you in advance for your time!

Solution
Go for 2x8Gb
The 850 EVO drives are good drives and among the best available.
The RM550x is a great PSU and is suffcient for your specs. The Cougar is low quality and not recommended at all.
Cases are subjective, but of you like those model you might be able to find a Phanteks case that fits your wants and needs.

bignastyid

Titan
Go for 2x8Gb
The 850 EVO drives are good drives and among the best available.
The RM550x is a great PSU and is suffcient for your specs. The Cougar is low quality and not recommended at all.
Cases are subjective, but of you like those model you might be able to find a Phanteks case that fits your wants and needs.

Solution