Mar 26, 2019
Hi everyone,
I'm here to ask you about my future new computer. I have one that has problems because lighting bolt and also had gtx 570 that is a bit old for what i need.
So, i have to enter in details. I would be really glad if you can help me with the build, from 0 to 100%. Thank you very much in advance.
So, what do I need?
I need:

1) Gaming PC and gaming Monitor

2) Play to the last titles (and also if not last here some examples: PUBG, Escape from Tarkov, Battlefield 5...) with good graphic. With good graphic i intend 1080p or 1440p, medium - high, high or maxed settings in game

3) Play games (look at number 2) at minimum of 60 fps. So I think 90 fps could be a good average

4) A monitor that works fine with what i wrote, so a monitor 1080p or 1440p, with more than 60hz, but surely no more than 144hz

5) I don't use to overclock, but i can learn fast

6) I would use only one storage, and for this i think about an ssd 500GB or 1TB, if I cam afford it, it could be cool a M.2

7) I don't need RGB colors. I don't refuse them, but I don't need them

8) My budget includes pc parts and monitor

I have a budget of about 1800$, but I would prefer to go with 1250$ or so.

Thanks in advance for any kind of suggestions. All are very appreciated.

Solution
I just threw together a pretty powerful AMD build for that price a few months ago, and I'm really enjoying the AMD software and hardware so far (My previous computers were Intel Nvidia, but i decided to make the switch). I also play similar style games so lets start out with the monitor you should buy based off what you play. Generally for people who play competitive FPS games and Battle Royale style games, I recommend going with a 1920-1080p at 144Hz with a 1ms response time. As far as size goes, that is preference and budget sensitive. Going to 1440p panel will look a lot sharper but you will lose as far as FPS so the 1080p is much better as far as price to performance, where as 1440p+ is for if you have money to burn. For your...
Mar 26, 2019
Well with an 1800$ budget you have a pretty good set of options. Is it 1800USD? Also are you looking for an AMD build or an Intel build?
Yes, i mean USD, but 1800 dollars are my maximum amount, i wanted to spend around 1300 USD, but if the difference of the features of the items change a lot between the 2 amounts I can arrive to spent at max 1800 USD. I don't mind if the computer is AMD or intel build, i just want a good computer to play with :)

spencer.cleaves2

Upstanding
Jan 5, 2019
I just threw together a pretty powerful AMD build for that price a few months ago, and I'm really enjoying the AMD software and hardware so far (My previous computers were Intel Nvidia, but i decided to make the switch). I also play similar style games so lets start out with the monitor you should buy based off what you play. Generally for people who play competitive FPS games and Battle Royale style games, I recommend going with a 1920-1080p at 144Hz with a 1ms response time. As far as size goes, that is preference and budget sensitive. Going to 1440p panel will look a lot sharper but you will lose as far as FPS so the 1080p is much better as far as price to performance, where as 1440p+ is for if you have money to burn. For your Motherboard, I prefer to go with ASUS because they have a very user friendly bios. I have the ASUS Prime X-470 Pro in my build and it is nice because it has a heat-sink built in for you M.2 drive slot. So if you want my recommendation for a motherboard, I would suggest ASUS Prime series, or ASUS ROG series (more RGB). For a CPU, you could go with a lot of different options. If you are looking for an AMD build (probably a better option because the stock CPU coolers are acually pretty good and if you went with Intel you would have to get a third party cooler), the Ryzen 7 2700 is actually quite versatile as far as performance and if you do some overclocking, you can get a lot of bang for you buck. Also if you are running it on an ASUS mobo, the ASUS Suite III software is a really cool and user-friendly way to do overclocking for beginners. For your drives, I highly reccomend getting at least a 500gb SSD (M.2 preferred, Sata will still be good) then buying a 2TB Barracuda 7600RPMS just for any media files (save main games and OS to SSD, and all other stuff to HDD). For memory, you should be looking for 2x8GB (16GB) DD4 at 3200MHz (3400MHz if you can find a good sale). G.Skill, Vengeance, Corsair all make solid RAM, just try and get it on sale. Now for the GPU. If you plan on going with AMD, I have been having great results with my Vega 64 Airboost but it is a little loud because it is a blower card. I've also heard great things about the RX590 if you play with some overclocks. If you are going to go with Nvidia, I would recommend going with the 1070, 1070ti, or 1080. I would recommend Nvidia's 20 series cards, but I have heard they can be kinda buggy. For your Power Supply, you would be probably good witha a 650W PSSU but I would go 750W just to be safe. Go with Seasonic or Corsair for you PSU, it will save you some headaches and they have great warranties. I will put together a few builds for you and send you the parts list with prices to give you a few different ideas. Sorry I had to write a novel lol hope this helps. Give me a few minutes and ill post some builds.

Solution
Mar 26, 2019
I just threw together a pretty powerful AMD build for that price a few months ago, and I'm really enjoying the AMD software and hardware so far (My previous computers were Intel Nvidia, but i decided to make the switch). I also play similar style games so lets start out with the monitor you should buy based off what you play. Generally for people who play competitive FPS games and Battle Royale style games, I recommend going with a 1920-1080p at 144Hz with a 1ms response time. As far as size goes, that is preference and budget sensitive. Going to 1440p panel will look a lot sharper but you will lose as far as FPS so the 1080p is much better as far as price to performance, where as 1440p+ is for if you have money to burn. For your Motherboard, I prefer to go with ASUS because they have a very user friendly bios. I have the ASUS Prime X-470 Pro in my build and it is nice because it has a heat-sink built in for you M.2 drive slot. So if you want my recommendation for a motherboard, I would suggest ASUS Prime series, or ASUS ROG series (more RGB). For a CPU, you could go with a lot of different options. If you are looking for an AMD build (probably a better option because the stock CPU coolers are acually pretty good and if you went with Intel you would have to get a third party cooler), the Ryzen 7 2700 is actually quite versatile as far as performance and if you do some overclocking, you can get a lot of bang for you buck. Also if you are running it on an ASUS mobo, the ASUS Suite III software is a really cool and user-friendly way to do overclocking for beginners. For your drives, I highly reccomend getting at least a 500gb SSD (M.2 preferred, Sata will still be good) then buying a 2TB Barracuda 7600RPMS just for any media files (save main games and OS to SSD, and all other stuff to HDD). For memory, you should be looking for 2x8GB (16GB) DD4 at 3200MHz (3400MHz if you can find a good sale). G.Skill, Vengeance, Corsair all make solid RAM, just try and get it on sale. Now for the GPU. If you plan on going with AMD, I have been having great results with my Vega 64 Airboost but it is a little loud because it is a blower card. I've also heard great things about the RX590 if you play with some overclocks. If you are going to go with Nvidia, I would recommend going with the 1070, 1070ti, or 1080. I would recommend Nvidia's 20 series cards, but I have heard they can be kinda buggy. For your Power Supply, you would be probably good witha a 650W PSSU but I would go 750W just to be safe. Go with Seasonic or Corsair for you PSU, it will save you some headaches and they have great warranties. I will put together a few builds for you and send you the parts list with prices to give you a few different ideas. Sorry I had to write a novel lol hope this helps. Give me a few minutes and ill post some builds.
I thank you really much. And by the way I love novel replies because they have a lot of content.
Only one thing: I think gtx are a bit "old" comparing them with rtx performance. But I haven't heard about the buggy thing so I let you choose for me :)

(Can you also give me the name of the company that customs the gpu?)

spencer.cleaves2

Upstanding
Jan 5, 2019
You would also want a CPU cooler for the Intel build. I would suggest Noctua or Cryorig for coolers. As far as computer cases, I really like the layout of the Corsair Carbide Series. if you are looking to save money on a case with really good air flow, the Carbide 270R is awesome for a budget case and it has a tempered glass panel and looks pretty clean. Hope this points you into the right direction. If you have any questions or need some more info, feel free to ask.

Last edited: