Gaming PC Build to run games on Ultra? HELP.

JackGill

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013
Hi, so I got the PS4 and was well...disappointed to say the least. So now I'm moving to PC gaming, I've looked quite a bit but I thought it would be best to ask myself.

I'm looking a for a Gaming PC Build that can run games on ultra, the one I'm thinking most is Crysis 3 since I know it's one of the hardest to run. If anyone could give me ideas on what to parts to get or entire builds they know or have to make it happen that would be great!

I know the better the build the higher the cost so I'm looking to spend about £600-£1200 (Hoping for just £800-£1000) So around that price or maybe a bit lower or high. Any replies are greatly appreciated! :)

JackGill

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013

Hi thanks for your time firstly, this is the build I had created http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Gilli/saved/3ekZ which is quite pricey in my eyes. Maybe you can make some changes that won't affect it much? and the one you sent me will that run games on ultra like Crysis 3 and would it need upgrading soonish? Thank you.

jay2577

Honorable
The i7 is a bit much for gaming. i only recommend it of your going to be doing a lot of video encoding. The i5 is plenty. I modified your list a little bit, included a power supply, changed the motherboard(the one you picked looked pretty but had no real improvements over other Z87 boards), changed the DVD drive and the case.
The case i recommend over the Zalman Z11 but isn't on the pcpartpicker list is the Sharkoon T28 on scan.co.uk
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/sharkoon-t28-black-with-blue-interior-mid-tower-case-3x120mm-led-quiet-fans-with-side-window-usb-30-

1716617-l-a.jpg

Have a look at the modified list and tell me what you think. We can soon modify it:)
http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/2pC1V

Shocking777

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2013
I'd go with Jay builds and swap the GPU to the upcoming Sapphire Tri-X OC which should be coming out in a few weeks. Give you great performance with a good performance.. Once the bitcoin stuff is over. If you want to buy it now or in the next day and you don't want to wait the GTX 780 is a great choice and it comes with 3 games (AC 4,SC Blacklist, Batman). And yes the 780 will run Crysis 3 on Ultra. The 770 will too but will have a 5-10 FPS different then the 780. Go with the i5 then the i7, not worth it right now

JackGill

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013

Too be honest I'm not really knowledgeable on builds but to me it seems great, I was just picking i7 because I kinda though using an i5 is the same as the PS4. The build you have picked, will that need upgrading soon you think? Also is 770 plenty enough to run games on ultra or should I get the 780 like the other person said (thank you btw) Oh and if you some time maybe you can make a entire new build which would be best for me in your opinion, that would great! :)

Shocking777

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2013
770 is plenty enough to run games on ultra and its better then the PS4 graphics. As far as i know console graphics is only at high while PC can go up to ultra. The 780 will give you more futureproof and you won't need to change the GPU for years. While the 770 will last you for 2-3 years.

jay2577

Honorable
I wouldn't go for the Nvidia 780 myself but if you have that kind of money to spare go for it.
I looked at the build i recommended before and it looks good.
What did you want me to change?
Do you want me to save you some money on it?

JackGill

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013

If you think you can somehow cut back but somehow again keep the same gaming performance or to a minimum that would be great