Gaming PC CD Drive/Mouse Questions

mcaren

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
I'm curious (as I don't play PC games myself, but want to build a PC that can run them) -- how important are the CD/DVD drive and mouse specifications in building a computer that can run games well? I know nothing about CD Drive technology, and don't know what features would be important in a mouse. Would a wireless mouse/keyboard work as well as a wired one, or are there delays in data transmission associated with using them?

I rarely see anyone mention specific brands for these items -- and wondered why. Do most of you manage to run the games w/o using the CD Drive?

Thanks. mcaren

shadowduck

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
I'm curious (as I don't play PC games myself, but want to build a PC that can run them) -- how important are the CD/DVD drive and mouse specifications in building a computer that can run games well? I know nothing about CD Drive technology, and don't know what features would be important in a mouse. Would a wireless mouse/keyboard work as well as a wired one, or are there delays in data transmission associated with using them?

I rarely see anyone mention specific brands for these items -- and wondered why. Do most of you manage to run the games w/o using the CD Drive?

Thanks. mcaren

CD is meaingless nowadays (a cd drive is a cd drive).. for the mouse get a Logitech G5 (wired) or G7 (wireless) its the best gaming mouse period.

The CD or DVD drive is mainly used for installing games. Games don't generally run off of the CD/DVD drive, but games due require that the disc is in the drive for copy protection sake.

Hardcore gamers buy mice that have higher resolution like the Logitec G5 for better precision.

DDay629

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2006
I will defer to the duck myster on this one as I am in one hundred and ten percent agreement. Also, for all the people that can't read, though I don't know why you would be on the internet at all if you couldn't. That is 110%. Yes 110.

DDay

MMMMMMM......... G5'ssssssssssssss.

TRENDING THREADS