Gaming PC Compatibility Check!

Solution
All compatible, yes.

Case supports ATX boards, 280mm Rads in the top or front & GPUs up to 296mm with the drive cage installed (the AMP! is 210mm).

All good.
Yes the case is capable of supporting the 280mm radiator for the liquid AiO cooler, and should fit everything else.

It's a good looking build.

Seems like you'd go with a 2TB HDD and possibly a 500GB SSD. Drive space is scarce when it comes to installing today's games.

component wise, its fine, however, if you want rgb to work, please refer to the manual, and see if the rgb ports are compatible. you will destroy the rgb by connecting it to the wrong voltage type (some rgb header uses 5v, and some uses 12v),

Take the time to verify that the ram you picked is compatible with your selected motherboard.
The ram kit should show up on the motherboard ram QVL list.
Failing that, it should show up as a supported kit in the corsair ram selection app for your motherboard.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator

That article (unless I missed it) doesn't directly compare 3000 vs 3200MHz.

While yes, 3200MHz (at least on Gen1 Ryzen) was a bit of an improvement over 3000MHz... it wasn't always economical, and 3000MHz was the best "bang for your buck".

Haven't seen anything definitive for 2nd Gen, other than increased memory support.

If prices are the same/very similar, a 3200MHz kit may make sense.

I wouldn't go that far, but I agree about the budget for a "gaming" rig. Would probably be best to move some of the CPU budget into the GPU.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor (₹17485.00 @ Amazon India)
CPU Cooler: NZXT - Kraken X62 Rev 2 98.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (₹14990.00 @ Amazon India)
Motherboard: MSI - X470 GAMING PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard (₹16520.00 @ Amazon India)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (₹13266.18 @ Amazon India)
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (₹6780.00 @ Amazon India)
Storage: Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (₹3244.00 @ Amazon India)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8GB SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition Video Card (₹39003.95 @ Amazon India)
Case: Cooler Master - MasterCase MC500P ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Platinum 750W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (₹7087.50 @ Amazon India)
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit
Wireless Network Adapter: Gigabyte - GC-WB867D-I PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter (₹4614.00 @ Amazon India)
Case Fan: NZXT - Aer RGB120 (3-pack) 61.4 CFM 120mm Fans (₹4465.34 @ Amazon India)
Monitor: Samsung - LC27F398FWNXZA 27.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor
Keyboard: Thermaltake - Commander Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse (₹2424.93 @ Amazon India)
Speakers: Logitech - Z337 w/BlueTooth 40W 2.1ch Speakers (₹5512.00 @ Amazon India)
Total: ₹135392.90
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-05-28 21:16 IST+0530

You do end up going down a rabbit hole though.
If you opt for a stronger GPU, you should probably look to either a higher refresh rate monitor, or a greater resolution.
If you already have the monitor though, you'd be just fine..... just a little under utilized.

I don't know about "crap"
But, you have a point.
for a balanced gamer, one should budget about 2x the cost of the cpu for the graphics card.
Likely a GTX1070 class card and a lesser cpu.
Most games depend on 2-3 fast cores for performance.
Most of the 16 threads of the 2700X will go unused.

manddy123

Admirable
Criticizing without bringing a solution or another option is pointless.

The build is actually great and the machine is pretty good.
Still, it is overpriced in some parts and there's plenty to be done in price distribution across the others more important parts.

Nevertheless, a R5 2600 with a GTX 1070 is wiser IMHO.

I get the point that you guys are unaware of prices on PCP India. I would advice you guys to check on prices by visiting the Amazon.in website.

It has been nearly 2Yrs since India has been included in countries list and still PC Partpicker is unable to tackle this problem. Don't know why.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
PCPP for India only pulls from Amazon. Yes, sometimes the prices are skewed a bit (ie the 1070TI shows at 39000 via PCPP, but 55000 on Amazon).

That's pretty typical for all PCPP sites though, not exclusive to the Indian 'site'.

The OP used PCPP, it seems logical to continue to use it, no? While there may be regional availability differences, without knowing specific where the OP will be shopping, we're pretty limited in what we can do/link.

As for EVGA, as confirmed by EVGA here:
Hello,

Our warranty does indeed include global coverage. India is supported by our EU team and the warranty terms are at http://eu.evga.com/support/warranty

The shipping location is determined by the EU team at the time of RMA but it will either be to Germany or Taiwan.

https://forums.evga.com/EVGA-WARRANTY-SUPPORT-IN-INDIA-m2588406.aspx

Warranty is worldwide, and applies in India also.

While yes, there's no official retailers, Amazon is selling/shipping from the US - and are an authorized retailer there.... so warranty would apply.

AFAIK, Gigabyte are the only GPU vendor with service centers in India. In my experience, their customer service/warranty isn't the greatest anyway, so locality may not matter in the event you need to file a claim.

At least EVGA's warranty service (and "step up" program) is solid and, generally, reliable

Problem is not with warranty but with the shipping policy. EVGA states that if something fails and component being under warranty needs to be shipped to its service center by the customer. Customer has to pay for the shipping. There is no service center in India. To ship Internationally it cost a huge amount and is lot of pain.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator

*A* list, not *the* list.

A very solid build..... but for the money there, you could still do "better' from a Gaming perspective.

CPU: R5 2600X (₹18,868) or R5 2600 (₹15,328)
Motherboard: Auros Ultra X470 (₹11,899 - out of stock currently) MSI Gaming Plus X470 (₹13,384) or the Tuf (₹13,899)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3000Mhz 16GB(2x8GB) (₹13,998)
SSD: SAMSUNG 850EVO 250GB (₹5,675)
HDD: WD Blue 1TB (₹2,950)
GPU: Zotac Reference 1080TI (₹66,999)
PSU: Corsair RM650x (₹8,699)

₹125,548 - ₹131,088 depending on specific components.

At anything from a 1070TI through a 1080TI though, that 1080p/60Hz monitor is looking extremely disappointing.

As I mentioned, the only company I'm aware of with a service center in India is Gigabyte. The terms will be the same for any company - you pay the one-way shipping to the service center.
While international shipping has a cost, and can be a bit of a pain...... the actual warranty terms/customer service reputation from EVGA should offset it.

Of course, if there are more (say, MSI or Zotac or anybody else) with centers in India, then they may make the most sense.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator

Good to know. When I was looking earlier, I couldn't find anything from GPU vendors.

Visit ASUS.in(Indian site) and check under the Service menu you will get the option of "Find Service Locations". Same goes for MSI and other brands. All major cities have Service centers. Cities which have no Service center at-least have certified Resale Outlet where they can handover the component which failed for the further shipment to nearest service center. Most of the time(95%) it is free of charge and when charged it is minimal amount compared to shipping internationally.

Exception: Corsair and DELL as they always send their support team to our address no matter where we live. That is the main reason I prefer Corsair for PSU and AIO over other brands.

MERGED QUESTION
Question from 2.yash2003 : "Gaming PC Compatibility Check!"

MERGED QUESTION
Question from 2.yash2003 : "PC Compatibility Check!"

Does the case come with case fans? If not...you need case fans.

R0GG

Distinguished
MERGED QUESTION
Question from 2.yash2003 : "PC Compatibility Check!"

CPU and memory are compatible with motherboard, all other components are sound and no compatibility issue noted, enjoy your build.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
MERGED QUESTION
Question from 2.yash2003 : "Is this PC Build good? Also, is everything compatible with everything else?"

TRENDING THREADS