Gaming PC Component compatibility

adibax

Honorable
Mar 28, 2013
soo there's a pc store making a great discount next weekend i'm thinking to make a powerfull pc for gaming... so here's the component.. i wanna make sure they r compatible

-gigabyte z77x-up7 intel chipset motherboard
-core i7 3770k oc - processor
-kingston 1600mhz 8GB (x4)
-3.0TB SATA3 - Western digital SATA internal hard drive
-pioneer blu-ray 12x Writer BDR-S06XLB -dvddrive
-intel thermal RTS2011LC - cpu heatsink
-s27A950D monitor

Solution
Don't worry about OC'ing it, it'll OC just fine if that is the Intel Liquid Cooling solution (which google said it is).
The Antec 900 is a good case, but any mid or full ATX tower case will work, but don't just get any cheap one cause you DEFINITELY get what you pay for, so spend at least $60 on it!
Get a Corsair or Seasonic PSU with at least 600 Watts, but I recommend 750W.
For a Gaming PC, your GPU really should be the most expensive part. Tom's did a review and recommended the most bang for buck on video cards in each price range. here's the article. I would say anything above $200 will be okay for that PC, but I would personally pair a GTX 670 with it.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-5.html

adibax

Honorable
Mar 28, 2013
thank u 4 the reply.appearantly they don't give discount for case, psu n video card... so i would appreciate if anyone can tell me any common case,psu and video card or anything that i'm missing that is compatible.. yes the heatsink come with the cpu.. so i think i'll stick with it~

ittimjones

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2012
Don't worry about OC'ing it, it'll OC just fine if that is the Intel Liquid Cooling solution (which google said it is).
The Antec 900 is a good case, but any mid or full ATX tower case will work, but don't just get any cheap one cause you DEFINITELY get what you pay for, so spend at least $60 on it!
Get a Corsair or Seasonic PSU with at least 600 Watts, but I recommend 750W.
For a Gaming PC, your GPU really should be the most expensive part. Tom's did a review and recommended the most bang for buck on video cards in each price range. here's the article. I would say anything above $200 will be okay for that PC, but I would personally pair a GTX 670 with it.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-5.html

Solution

adibax

Honorable
Mar 28, 2013
minus all of above... i will be left about $500 for case,psu n video card..
the intel thermal RTS2011LC is liquid cooler... is it still not good enough :??: or should i go for c.master v8?

Just some quick thoughts on this being a gaming rig. It depends on how steep the discount is because:
- 3770K doesn't get you anywhere over the 3570K for gaming
- you really only need 8GB to game, 16GB is enough to last longer than the life of this system - it looks like the bundle is 32GB - that's money wasted
- do you really need 3TB to game? A 250GB SSD would be much faster and plenty for a typical gamer
- do you need to write Blu-Rays from a gaming rig? an external backup drive is more cost effective

I'd call that bundle a multimedia ripping/transcoding/media serving rig, not a gaming rig.