[SOLVED] gaming PC criticism

Solution
Looks ok, you could probably save a little on a Ryzen 2600/2600X which might offer a better overall system but would game much the same.

Also you don't really need a $90 cooler for an 8400, for the price of that CPU & cooler you could almost get a non K i7 8700 and just use the stock cooler, might run a little hot but would still be a better option for the price. Some reviews have suggested the 8400 throttles a bit with stock cooling, but it doesn't overclock so something cheaper would be fine.

Dugimodo

Distinguished
Looks ok, you could probably save a little on a Ryzen 2600/2600X which might offer a better overall system but would game much the same.

Also you don't really need a $90 cooler for an 8400, for the price of that CPU & cooler you could almost get a non K i7 8700 and just use the stock cooler, might run a little hot but would still be a better option for the price. Some reviews have suggested the 8400 throttles a bit with stock cooling, but it doesn't overclock so something cheaper would be fine.

Solution
I wouldn’t buy an i5, I’d much rather a 2600. The 6 threads of the i5 can already be maxed out in some games so it has little to no headroom for the future. For me Intel makes sense if going i7, otherwise go Ryzen.

You don’t need a Z motherboard with a non overclocking cpu either.

Dugimodo

Distinguished
Only the K versions of intels chips overclock so neither the 8400 or the 8700 will.
The point though is to use it with the stock cooler at stock speeds rather than spend the same amount of money on a cheaper CPU and an expensive cooler.

I think any time you are considering buying something to overclock it it is worth considering just buying a better CPU and leaving the settings alone.
Not that overclocking isn't sometimes worthwhile, just that it's often not the best way to get performance for your money.

Dugimodo

Distinguished
Yeah the CPU will boost on stock cooling, and if it worries you even a cheap cooler like a hyper 212 evo or equivalent should be plenty for a stock CPU.
I see you've updated the list, looks good to me. You could maybe save a little on the motherboard but not that much really and that looks like a solid choice.

What country are you in? I notice you have "Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 Founders Edition(US Version, Imported)" listed for a graphics card. Did you order the card already? Otherwise, I suspect you would be better off with something like the newly released RTX 2060, which should perform better.

The RTX 2060's performance is typically slightly faster than a 1070 Ti. So, on average, in current games, it can be around 15% faster than a regular 1070. It also supports hardware raytracing and other features that could potentially improve visuals or performance in some games in the future. However, not much currently makes use of those new hardware features, and at $280, that 1070 is also a decent option, since 2060s are priced starting at around $350, or about 25% more. At that price, the 1070 would likely be a fine option as well.