[SOLVED] Gaming pc differences

Dec 13, 2019
Hi so me and my husband have PC's mine is 100% custom we choose every component ourselves my husband's was a purchased pre-made a PC company put together but we both paid roughly the same amount my PC is considerably better I can give exact specs if required but for example me and my husband play ark survival evolved on PC with mods I run on medium to high he runs on absolute minimum however his game loads up quite a bit faster than mine it even closes the game faster it could take mine upwards of 5 mins waiting for the game to close whereas his is instant and we load the same amount of mods etc and his computer just blows mine out of the water in terms of how fast it loads even tho mine is a much better PC why would this happen?

Dec 13, 2019
We will need full pc spec of both systems. Additionally how full are the drives in your system? If you are running SSD’s I’d go to the vendors website and run any diagnostics software they provide.
Neither of us have ssds I will admit mine is almost completely full it's 1tb and he has 2. 1tb hard drives one is about a 3rd full and the other is about half full I'll get the specs shortly

Dec 13, 2019
His computer
Os. Windows 10
CPU. Intel Pentium G4400.
Graphics card. Nvida geforce gt1030 2 gb sddr4 ram.
16gb ddr4 memory
Mother board. Asrock h110m-hdv

Mine
Os. Windows 10
CPU. Amd ryzen 3 1200 quad core
Graphics card. Radon RX 560. Series 4gb GDDR5
16GB ddr4 memory
Mother board. Asrock B450M steel legend
1tb hdd

Reactions: AzuraThanatos
Solution
Dec 13, 2019
Thanks for the info. Really both are reasonably new. Now drive issues can occur at any time if unlucky. I am not saying this is a drive issue but that is something that comes to mind from your description.
Thanks for your input so it may just be a thing where I have to much crap on my hard-drive ?

Dec 13, 2019
Possibly but 5 min waiting time seems excessive and is why I think there is chance of a drive fault.
So I cleared out a bunch yesterday went from having 60gb free to over 400 gb free did a defrag it made 13 passes whereas my husband's only did 6 passes took over 3 hours to defrag it does seem to run a little faster but not quite as fast as his but mine has never seemed to open or close anything as fast as his it just runs games better

Dec 13, 2019
New drive
I've just noticed one other issue with my PC it's a new issue only started recently when I play ark and click exit on the menu my TV goes to no signal and a few seconds later my PC restarts no warning it's every time I click exit on that game no other time does it do this not even if I just close application any ideas?