Question Gaming PC enter sleep mode when I try play a game

Oct 14, 2022
So I recently bought a new gaming pc. It has a 3090 and a ryzen 9 5950x with 32GB of ram. The pc runs fine when I’m idling in desktop to watching videos etc. but when I try play a game the monitor goes black and says entering rest mode and my pc lights stay on but the fan noises slow down. I can’t turn my pc off at the switch I have to physically turn it off at the plug. It seems as soon as some graphic intensive program Runs my system can’t handle both the CPU and GPU at the same time.

I thought maybe it was a PSU issue but I have a 1000W PSU in and as far I have read and looked it should be more than sufficient to run these components. i have also disabled and made sure all sleep settings in windows is set on never and it is set to maximum performance and not power saving mode. I have only tried playing one game on it. So I don’t know if it maybe and issue with just that game and I should try reinstalling or try another game. I haven’t found any solutions online and hoping someone here can help out and that its not hardware issues any help would be greatly appreciated.

zinkles

Commendable
Aug 24, 2022
So I recently bought a new gaming pc. It has a 3090 and a ryzen 9 5950x with 32GB of ram. The pc runs fine when I’m idling in desktop to watching videos etc. but when I try play a game the monitor goes black and says entering rest mode and my pc lights stay on but the fan noises slow down. I can’t turn my pc off at the switch I have to physically turn it off at the plug. It seems as soon as some graphic intensive program Runs my system can’t handle both the CPU and GPU at the same time.

I thought maybe it was a PSU issue but I have a 1000W PSU in and as far I have read and looked it should be more than sufficient to run these components. i have also disabled and made sure all sleep settings in windows is set on never and it is set to maximum performance and not power saving mode. I have only tried playing one game on it. So I don’t know if it maybe and issue with just that game and I should try reinstalling or try another game. I haven’t found any solutions online and hoping someone here can help out and that its not hardware issues any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hm..... What if you run a GPU benchmark? Will it go to sleep mode then too? :rolleyes::unsure: