[SOLVED] Gaming PC for my friend

gutsygoat

Reputable
May 30, 2017
So basically, a close friend of mine is planning to build a pc. He asked me to help choose the parts. Would this do?
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7J3wbX
(where I live the gtx1070 won't be any less than about 350 euros. Whereas an rx580 is about 215, and comes with games such as The Division and Resident Evil 2. The i5 9600k comes with black ops4.

Solution

that's nice.:D

Sure why not,seems the "X" types do better on turbo than overclocking anyway and that cooler should keep the turbo in check. You could always upgrade it later on.
Don't know if for gaming the two extra cores (4 threads) are going to matter much.

Make sure that your friend has the budget for this,it's easy to toy around with someone elses money.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador

gutsygoat

Reputable
May 30, 2017
sorry, I forgot to put the SSD in my pcpartpicker list...I was thinking of a Samsung 960 EVO 500GB. As for the processors, the 2600x is about 200 over here and the 9600k is 285. Is there a noticable difference? The 2600x comes with The Division 2, which he'll already be getting from the gpu...

(i swapped the cpu cooler for the one you recommended.)

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
If the ssd and the i5 9600K both fit his budget do i not have a problem with that list,just want to get most out of a budget and tought the ssd might not fit that.
Might want to take a look at some reviews about the case you link. From what i know does it have a limited airflow.

The 9600k is a great cpu but a few game at high FPS it’s hitting or close to 100% usage. The 2600/x actually produces a few less FPS than the 9600k but has more threads and lower usage which may be beneficial in the future as it has more headroom. Personally I’d pick the 2600 and oc it.

gutsygoat

Reputable
May 30, 2017
for some strange reason the 500gb SSD is the same price as the 250gb version... lol
I was also wondering whether I could use a Ryzen 7 2700X and use the stock cooler. (Wraith Prism)

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador

that's nice.:D

Sure why not,seems the "X" types do better on turbo than overclocking anyway and that cooler should keep the turbo in check. You could always upgrade it later on.
Don't know if for gaming the two extra cores (4 threads) are going to matter much.

Make sure that your friend has the budget for this,it's easy to toy around with someone elses money.

Solution

gutsygoat

Reputable
May 30, 2017

Make sure that your friend has the budget for this,it's easy to toy around with someone elses money.[/quotemsg]

Oh just forgot, if im going for amd, i will need a different motherboard... will the Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming do?