Gaming PC for under $1200AUD

OsMa2556

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014
Approximate Purchase Date: Today Or tomorrow

Budget Range: 1100-1200 AUD, Can go over a little bit

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, School work, Research, Surfing the internet

Parts Not Required: Keyboard And Mouse, Monitor

Preferred Website(s) for Parts:Mwave Australia ( www.mwave.com.au)

Parts Preferences:
ATX case
Intel i5 3570k, or Haswell Variant
EVGA GTX 760 or AMD 280x

Overclocking: If Can be fitted into budget

SLI or Crossfire: Yes, I will add another card later

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments:
Windowed case
Cool and quiet build

Thanks Guys :)

Solution
Yeah that looks good personally if you can save $75 on ram or whatever else, I'd definitely go the 4770k you'll get far better performance as you'll have an I7 instead of a I5 but that I purely upto you. I usually wouldn't do a build with out a Samsung evo840 120 or 240gb ssd, basically because the benefits of instant boot and for program files.

Just remember that you are looking for the build that will do exactly what you want, there's no point in building something that can do things you'll never do, don't get caught up in the hype of benchmarking or anything. Compare items on website just google it (ie; item 1 vs item 2) and then you'll easily be able to decide what benefits you the best.

Just a note on graphics cards, gigabyte...

wehler53

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2013
Yeah that looks good personally if you can save $75 on ram or whatever else, I'd definitely go the 4770k you'll get far better performance as you'll have an I7 instead of a I5 but that I purely upto you. I usually wouldn't do a build with out a Samsung evo840 120 or 240gb ssd, basically because the benefits of instant boot and for program files.

Just remember that you are looking for the build that will do exactly what you want, there's no point in building something that can do things you'll never do, don't get caught up in the hype of benchmarking or anything. Compare items on website just google it (ie; item 1 vs item 2) and then you'll easily be able to decide what benefits you the best.

Just a note on graphics cards, gigabyte and MSI are I believe the best brands. 2gb will serve you well however in a couple years you will need to add a second to keep up with games. 4gb should future proof for at least 3 years (very minimum)

Couple rules I've come across that can help, 2400mhz vs 1333mhz the difference is nearly unnoticeable, you will benefit from have more memory over memory speed. Spend as much as your willing to spend on one gpu then when it gets out dated but a second. And the difference between an atx mini and say an asus rampage V or asrock extreme11 (two best boards) is 0.5 - 2 fps ie basically unnoticeable, so buy the ram you can afford and you think you need, and buy a motherboard that only has the features you need don't buy one that has features you'll never use.

Keep those rules in mind and you'll do fine

Solution