Gaming PC/Hackintosh build help?

machea

Reputable
Jan 13, 2015
Hi everyone,

I'm pretty new to the world of PC building and parts overall. I've been searching around Newegg for a few weeks now looking through various parts to build my own PC. Mostly for gaming but also for various Adobe suite applications(Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects). At school we only use Macs but those can be pretty expensive so I was hoping to build an Intel PC that I could dual boot with OSX and Windows 7 or 8. My budget is not very high at the moment. I had planned to buy piece by piece and slowly replace the parts in my current PC but I saw this deal on Kotaku for a bundle and am wondering if it would suit my needs.

It comes with an

Intel Core i5-4590 Haswell Quad-Core 3.3GHz

MSI Z87M GAMING LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX

HyperX Fury Series 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 Desktop Memory Module

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.2141224

I already have a decent graphics card, hard drive(though maybe I should get a second one for OSX?) a 500w power supply, and a case that'll fit. Do you think this $300 deal is worth it? Or should I perhaps wait and buy all the parts separately since there are different motherboards and i5 processors out there that may be better suited. I'm hoping later on to upgrade to 16GB of ram as well as a GTX 970 graphics card for the eventual future of hopefully playing 4k games and maybe even Oculus Rift games.

Do you guys think this bundle is a good start for a gaming PC and possibly a dual boot hackintosh? Thanks for the help and answers!

Solution
That's a decent deal but for $300 you can get an unlocked CPU, full ATX motherboard and a 2 x 4GB RAM configuration, that will be better all around. If you have a Micro Center close by they usually have good deals on the i5-4690K plus motherboard.

g-unit1111

Titan
That's a decent deal but for $300 you can get an unlocked CPU, full ATX motherboard and a 2 x 4GB RAM configuration, that will be better all around. If you have a Micro Center close by they usually have good deals on the i5-4690K plus motherboard.

Solution