[SOLVED] gaming pc help

Mar 22, 2019
hey :)

i really dont know a lot about computers, despite gaming a lot. i dont really want to build a new pc on my own because im afraid i would do something wrong and i prefer the security that comes with a pc build that is made by an expert. i found a pc build that seems to fit my needs and my budget as well.

this is the build:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6x 3,9Ghz + HT
GPU: Palit RTX 2070 8Gb
RAM: 16Gb GSkill 3000Mhz DDR4 RAM
Mainboard: MSI B450M Mortar
Hard Drive: 1TB HDD
SSD: 240Gb Crucial SSD
Power Supply: beQuiet Pure Power 11 500 Watt

this build is offered for 1150€ (1.298,87$).

now i would have 2 questions for you guys:

1. does this build make sense or would i have any bottleneck issues or something like that?
  2. is the price fair? i think one could get the components for about 1000€ and i feel like its fine to pay 150€ for the hardware and software installation that i wouldnt have to do myself.

i would be very grateful for any input on this system! thanks a ton in advance :)

Solution
The PSU in that build does not fit my build's requirements. I'd get a better quality unit. TO add, I'd have gotten a DDR4-3200MHz dual channel kit to the build to bring the best out of the Ryzen. Given how you don't want to build your own system, you're left at the mercy of the person selling the system's or prebuilt systems.

I would suggest you look through your local market and see how much it'd have cost you to build a system with the exact same parts to see how much more you're actually paying the builder.

Lutfij

Titan
The PSU in that build does not fit my build's requirements. I'd get a better quality unit. TO add, I'd have gotten a DDR4-3200MHz dual channel kit to the build to bring the best out of the Ryzen. Given how you don't want to build your own system, you're left at the mercy of the person selling the system's or prebuilt systems.

I would suggest you look through your local market and see how much it'd have cost you to build a system with the exact same parts to see how much more you're actually paying the builder.

Reactions: damoen
Solution
Mar 22, 2019

thanks a lot for your reply :)

would you say the power supply is an issue for the build as it is or are your concerns directed at possible future upgrades? the shop offers some options. for example i could get a seasonic focus plus gold 650W PSU but i would have to pay an extra 50€.

when it comes to the RAM the shop sadly only offers 32GB and 64GB options but all of them at 3000MHz.

i have also been thinking about getting an upgrade to the SSD for 35€. this would give me a samsung 860 EVO 250GB, which seems to load at a significantly higher speed (according to UserBenchmark 41% faster random read and 81% faster random write).

if i would buy all the components myself, i would save about 150€, which seems to be a fair price, considering how much work i would have to put into it. also, if i buy a pre-built pc, i have the guarantee that it works and the shop has great review when it comes to their builds, how they do cable management and that kinda stuff.
i really dont feel like risking it, considering i have no real experience with hardware.

cheers :)