Gaming PC is not performing like it should.

ji2332926

Prominent
Aug 15, 2017
Hi all, I just upgraded my pc from an i5 and gtx 970 to an I7 7700k and a Zotac Gtx 1070 xtreme. Previously I was able to play games like cod, killing floor & other games where the map was pre loaded on high settings, and because of my previous cpu I ran games like battlefield 1 and arma at low settings just fine. But now that I've upgraded, my pc is running things WORSE. because I can play games with pre-rendered maps on ultra and the same games (Battlefield and arma) are running even worse I get the feeling It's a PSU, HDD or CPU issue. I tried wiping my hard drive and cleaning it when I noticed that startup times were VERY slow, even for a hard drive (especially since it was a fresh install of windows 10). Any help would be appreciated.

ji2332926

Prominent
Aug 15, 2017

Yeah I used driver booster to install all of my drivers. And my previous i5 was a 4690k

Yeah, don't do that.

Do a clean reinstall of windows again. (delete everything)
And manually install only the drivers you need.

1. Bios Update
    2. Gpu
    3. Motherboard chipset
    4. Lan/Wifi
    5. USB

Improperly installed drivers can definitely cause problems like you're having.
The safe/smart way to do it, is to install 1 driver at a time, and restart the PC between each driver install.
Usually anything else is a useless utility that will just drain resources, or provide functionality you don't need. (like intel management engine, that's only for businesses who want to be able to remote into their computers)

ji2332926

Prominent
Aug 15, 2017

Can do. Will report back after I've finished.

ji2332926

Prominent
Aug 15, 2017

I re-installed windows and all my drivers but that failed. I also tried a new hard drive but that didn't work either, so the hard drive is probably out of the picture at least.