Question Gaming PC keeps rebooting - but only in my own house ?

Jun 5, 2024
Let me just start by saying i am not tech-savvy at all. So i dont understand squat whilst reading a windows log. I have provided links in the text for logs that you can download

SPECS:

Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit
Directx 12
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 8-Core Processor
RAM: 32GB DDR5 6200 MHz
GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 3080 Phoenix
Motherboard: RogStrix B650-A
CPU cooler: Deepcool 360V
Powersupply: RM850e
Storage: 2000GB SSD - 7000 MB/s
Screens: 2 x AOC CQ32G1 32" QHD 144hz using DisplayPort connection.
Wifi: Wireless wifi on motherboard.
Mouse: Razer Naga
Keyboard: Razer Chrome
Headsett: 2-PRO X Wireless

No matter what i do, Windows does not generate a Minidump report. Windows does not generate the Minidump folder either. I dont know why. (Following this guide https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5560-configure-windows-10-create-minidump-bsod.html)

PC has been formatted twice. Same problems occur.

I bought a 3 month old used PC. The PC has not worked more than 5 minutes since i got it 2 months ago, because it keeps rebooting when i start any video game. The problem? It only reboots in my own house. Works flawlessly anywhere else. So getting a new on any warranty is not going to happen.

I just got it back after a computer repair shop had it for 2 weeks where they were stress-testing the components and playing Helldivers 2 on it for hours and hours without any trouble.
I brought the computer back home today, and it rebooted immediately when i tried Helldivers 2. So the problem has to be at my house (?)

In 9/10 cases the PC will just reboot. 1/10 it will show a BSOD and then reboot.

When playing CS2: PC reboots after around 5 minutes of playtime
When attempting to play Helldivers 2: PC reboots 20 seconds after attempting to start the game. No image is shown before it reboots. (Video View: https://imgur.com/a/bpRbIO1
)
I would imagine Helldivers 2 needs more power than CS2?
When idle: PC has rebooted 2 times whilst on idle.

So far i have tried the following to see if the crash was caused by a local component

Tried so far when starting Helldivers 2.

• Disconnected screen #2 and only used screen #1: Rebooted instantly when starting Helldivers 2
  • Disconnected screen #1 and only used screen #2: Rebooted instantly when starting Helldivers 2
  • Disconnected wireless wifi and used cable: Rebooted instantly when starting Helldivers 2
  • Disconnected gaming mouse: Rebooted instantly when starting Helldivers 2
  • Disconnected keyboard: Rebooted instantly when starting Helldivers 2
  • Disconnected wireless headset usb: Rebooted instantly when starting Helldivers 2
  • Changed main power cable for PC: Rebooted instantly when starting Helldivers 2
  • Main power cable directly in wall, no ext cord: Rebooted instantly when starting Helldivers 2
  • Changed extension cord: Rebooted instantly when starting Helldivers 2
  • Turned of the AC unit as it runs on the same circuit as PC: Rebooted instantly when starting Helldivers 2
  • Tried 3 different circuits in the house: Rebooted instantly when starting Helldivers 2
    (kitchen circuit, living room circuit, bedroom circ)
    (kitchen c is on left side of fuse box, living room is on right side of fuse box)
I read somewhere that someone suggested an unbalance in the fuse box could cause problems, if there was more power drawn from the "left" side of the fuse box, as compared to the "right side". I have no electrical knowledge, but gave it a try. No effect

There are also a TON of errors in Windows. Here is a download link to the EventViewer log saved in EXCEL (https://filetransfer.io/data-package/pyfmACRQ#link)

I cant list them all completely but an overall picture:

1 version of this:
CRITICAL: Kernel-Power 41. (63) The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed or lost power unexpectedly

1 version of this:
Error: Audit events have been dropped by the transport. 0

1 version of this:
Error: The Secure Boot update failed to update a Secure Boot variable with error Secure Boot is not enabled on this machine....

2 version of this:
Error: License Activation (slui.exe) failed with the following error code: hr=0x8007007B

12 different versions of this:
Warning: The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Service application with CLSID .....and error codes

1 version of this:
Warning: Session "Cloud Files diagnostic Event Listener" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022

12 versions of this:
Warning: Metadata staging failed .... and error codes

25 versions of this:
Warning: A connection to the Windows Update service could not be established / Network List Manager reports no connection to the internet

1 version of this:
Warning: Windows Hello for Business provisioning will not be launched

10 versions of this:
Warning: LSA package is not signed as expected. This can cause unexpected behavior with Credention Guard. PackageName: different packages is listed

1 version of this:
Warning: Credential Guard and/or VBS Key Isolation are configured but the secure kernel is not running; continuing without them

1 version of this:
Warning: Intel (R) Ethernet Controller (3) I225-V Network link is disconnected

I am at my wits end. Can anyone help me?

Seller has of course stopped replying to my messages.

Last edited:
Let me just start by saying i am not tech-savvy at all. So i dont understand squat whilst reading a windows log. I have provided links in the text for logs that you can download

SPECS:

Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit
Directx 12
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 8-Core Processor
RAM: 32GB DDR5 6200 MHz
GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 3080 Phoenix
Motherboard: RogStrix B650-A
CPU cooler: Deepcool 360V
Powersupply: RM850e
Storage: 2000GB SSD - 7000 MB/s
Screens: 2 x AOC CQ32G1 32" QHD 144hz using DisplayPort connection.
Wifi: Wireless wifi on motherboard.
Mouse: Razer Naga
Keyboard: Razer Chrome
Headsett: 2-PRO X Wireless

No matter what i do, Windows does not generate a Minidump report. Windows does not generate the Minidump folder either. I dont know why. (Following this guide https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5560-configure-windows-10-create-minidump-bsod.html)

PC has been formatted twice. Same problems occur.

I bought a 3 month old used PC. The PC has not worked more than 5 minutes since i got it 2 months ago, because it keeps rebooting when i start any video game. The problem? It only reboots in my own house. Works flawlessly anywhere else. So getting a new on any warranty is not going to happen.

I just got it back after a computer repair shop had it for 2 weeks where they were stress-testing the components and playing Helldivers 2 on it for hours and hours without any trouble.
I brought the computer back home today, and it rebooted immediately when i tried Helldivers 2. So the problem has to be at my house (?)

In 9/10 cases the PC will just reboot. 1/10 it will show a BSOD and then reboot.

When playing CS2: PC reboots after around 5 minutes of playtime
When attempting to play Helldivers 2: PC reboots 20 seconds after attempting to start the game. No image is shown before it reboots. (Video View: https://imgur.com/a/bpRbIO1
)
I would imagine Helldivers 2 needs more power than CS2?
When idle: PC has rebooted 2 times whilst on idle.

So far i have tried the following to see if the crash was caused by a local component

Tried so far when starting Helldivers 2.

• Disconnected screen #2 and only used screen #1: Rebooted instantly when starting Helldivers 2
  • Disconnected screen #1 and only used screen #2: Rebooted instantly when starting Helldivers 2
  • Disconnected wireless wifi and used cable: Rebooted instantly when starting Helldivers 2
  • Disconnected gaming mouse: Rebooted instantly when starting Helldivers 2
  • Disconnected keyboard: Rebooted instantly when starting Helldivers 2
  • Disconnected wireless headset usb: Rebooted instantly when starting Helldivers 2
  • Changed main power cable for PC: Rebooted instantly when starting Helldivers 2
  • Main power cable directly in wall, no ext cord: Rebooted instantly when starting Helldivers 2
  • Changed extension cord: Rebooted instantly when starting Helldivers 2
  • Turned of the AC unit as it runs on the same circuit as PC: Rebooted instantly when starting Helldivers 2
  • Tried 3 different circuits in the house: Rebooted instantly when starting Helldivers 2
    (kitchen circuit, living room circuit, bedroom circ)
    (kitchen c is on left side of fuse box, living room is on right side of fuse box)
I read somewhere that someone suggested an unbalance in the fuse box could cause problems, if there was more power drawn from the "left" side of the fuse box, as compared to the "right side". I have no electrical knowledge, but gave it a try. No effect

There are also a TON of errors in Windows. Here is a download link to the EventViewer log saved in EXCEL (https://filetransfer.io/data-package/pyfmACRQ#link)

I cant list them all completely but an overall picture:

1 version of this:
CRITICAL: Kernel-Power 41. (63) The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed or lost power unexpectedly

1 version of this:
Error: Audit events have been dropped by the transport. 0

1 version of this:
Error: The Secure Boot update failed to update a Secure Boot variable with error Secure Boot is not enabled on this machine....

2 version of this:
Error: License Activation (slui.exe) failed with the following error code: hr=0x8007007B

12 different versions of this:
Warning: The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Service application with CLSID .....and error codes

1 version of this:
Warning: Session "Cloud Files diagnostic Event Listener" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022

12 versions of this:
Warning: Metadata staging failed .... and error codes

25 versions of this:
Warning: A connection to the Windows Update service could not be established / Network List Manager reports no connection to the internet

1 version of this:
Warning: Windows Hello for Business provisioning will not be launched

10 versions of this:
Warning: LSA package is not signed as expected. This can cause unexpected behavior with Credention Guard. PackageName: different packages is listed

1 version of this:
Warning: Credential Guard and/or VBS Key Isolation are configured but the secure kernel is not running; continuing without them

1 version of this:
Warning: Intel (R) Ethernet Controller (3) I225-V Network link is disconnected

I am at my wits end. Can anyone help me?

Seller has of course stopped replying to my messages.
Use an extension cord and try a few different wall sockets around your home.

Jun 5, 2024
I'm not super familiar with power supplies, but my first initial thought is maybe that the outlets in your house can't handle the power generated from your PSU. Is your house a little older perhaps and maybe not modernized to handle modern gaming PC's? Do other outlets work no problem with other devices? If you can find a way to connect to your router on an outlet that is not related to your own house's power outlets, I would try that. It's a long shot thought and I can't say how you would do that, but it's all I got.

If it works without issue everywhere else then it sounds like you need an electrician. It seems that when your PC pulls a high load your house's electrical system struggles somehow and the computer's PSU is overly sensitive to that. Maybe your supply is at the lower end of the voltage range for instance, and the computer load is dropping it further? I don't know, but that's why, beyond changing sockets or switches, mains electrical wiring usually requires a trained professional.

I don't know if there's any mileage in running some other sensitive electrical device like e.g. a TV at the same time to see if that's affected in any way too when your PC reboots.

You could maybe try a different brand of PSU (but still a high quality one) and see if that's any less sensitive to what's happening.

There are things like mains testers out there but I wouldn't bother buying one to try and diagnose the problem. The cheap ones are probably worse than useless, and if it did tell you there was a problem you'd only be paying for an electrician to come out anyway.

Joseph_138

Distinguished
It sounds like your house has an electrical issue that needs to be fixed, if the problem only happens in your house, and it happens in every outlet in the house.

If your house does have an electrical issue, I would unplug the PC, and anything else that is expensive to replace, because it might become damaged.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran