Question Gaming PC lagging

Jul 27, 2019
Hi I need help. My son built himself a gaming PC just short of 2years ago and now it's suddenly started lagging, we don't know why.

His system specs are:
CPU: i7-7700K
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270P-D3
RAM: G. SKILL Ripjaws 32GB DDR4 3200mhz (4 X 8GB)
GPU: MSI Gaming X 1080Ti
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200rpm
SSD: Crucial CT240BX300 + SAMSUNG 860 EVO 1TB
PSU: Corsair RM550x

We initially thought there might be a problem with the GPU as he bought it from ebay in February to replace the original 1070ti he had.
It was suggested there might be a problem with the PSU. So my son bought a Corsair RM750x from Amazon. We installed that and the problem is still not cured.

Has anyone any ideas as to what could be causing this lagging?

Thanks

Jul 27, 2019
Run this and post the resulting link. https://www.userbenchmark.com/

Define lag
When it comes to lag after 10-20 minutes of playing online game server lag goes from 30milli seconds to 9000 with a noticible lag in game to the point its making the game unplayable he plays SWTOR pvp . His RGB keyboard also starts lagging with a noticible lag between pressing a key and the lights coming on and the transition between the colours is very jerky instead of smooth.
He tried an Internet speed test and that failed just came up with a latency warning. He rolled back his LAN drivers and got that bit sorted.

Playing SWTOR yesterday there was even a lag in the sound in game and over the headset.

I'll tell him to use that link and see what happens.