[SOLVED] Gaming PC Not working

Mar 3, 2021
I built a pc with Son using compatability Checker, within our budget, and what items were obtainable based on reviews.
It’s worked perfectly from day one we were very proud.
A month later blue screen issues, the original stop code seemed related to valorant. I told son not to mess about on it until we were sure he had all the proper components! Graphics cards unavailable. Have a second hand GPU
So it had the equal too less than blue screen
Looked online to try get in bios wouldn’t work attached by DP Port and the curved msi wide screen 4K monitor keeps reverting to Hamid so we had issues.
I am going to plug into basic monitor
Tried reinstalling windows by repair had error, tried from usb had error.
Now can’t access bios so have left it as I’m terrified we’ve messed something up and spent a fortune
Any advice would be appreciated, son is autistic and not the best techy person which leaves me trying to fix it 🥺😢

we have Ryzen 9 3900 with the fan that comes with it

MSI MPG X570 edge MB
Cooler master mid tower with 3 fans
2x8Gb RGB Corsair vengeance pro plus 2 dummy ones
ASU’s GeForce strix 1050 to GPU used
psi Corsair 550W just ordered new 850w
Ordered kraken x73 liquid cooler not fitted yet

Solution
What speed is your memory set to, in the BIOS? If anything higher than the DDR4 standard of 2133, lower to that and see if the system becomes stable.

Your memory may be rated for a higher speed and we can deal with that after you get a stable baseline in place.
Mar 3, 2021
Have you tried removing the GPU and connecting the monitor directly to the motherboard?
I will try that today if I get chance will do today. Do all motherboards have internal graphics? I am using a basic monitor Incase it’s a psu issue. I have left as I was scared to make things worse. I think I bought insurance on most products also thankfully

Mar 3, 2021
Are you attempting to overclock anything on this system (CPU, GPU, or memory)?
We may once we have all components though not at the moment as we have a rubbish gpu. We noticed the temp was upto 65 most of the time but have just got a kraken x73 which we plan to install this weekend

COLGeek

Cybernaut
65C, if when gaming/using the CPU beyond idle, is actually good. 65C at idle is too hot.

Make sure the motherboard BIOS is up to date. Same for Windows updates.

Did you install the AMD chipset drivers when you installed Windows?

https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x570

Are your Nvidia drivers current?

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/170886/en-us

Have you scanned the system for malware? If so, with what application?

Your current 550w PSU should be okay for the components you have installed now. What is the actual make/model of that PSU?

Mar 3, 2021
65C, if when gaming/using the CPU beyond idle, is actually good. 65C at idle is too hot.

Your current 550w PSU should be okay for the components you have installed now. What is the actual make/model of that PSU?

i am just trying to reinstall windows kept having errors last time, showing 4 partitions I have formatted the biggest I assume this is ssd as that’s where I originally installed
The psu is Corsair cx550f rgb

Mar 3, 2021
Thanks so much we’re up and running I’ll try to post pics on that site. Took ram out and hard drive etc reinstalled them. I am not clear if it has now installed on the hdd and we have a copy corrupt on ssd. But I’ve installed all the right drives from the links and now we can format the other drive and reinstall if it’s not fixed it. Feel relieved nothings broken. Not to fit the cooler 😲🙄😱

Mar 3, 2021
Ok so installed windows chipsets removed HDD formatted SSD reinstalled windows. Seems when I change something like add ram it goes to bios F1 run setup. I cleared cmos don’t know how many times and still end up back to reinstall windows 🥺

Mar 3, 2021
did BIOS installed ram, then rebooted installed HDD I turned off power fully before each change and all was great.

then while browsing MSI site for dragon to monitor motherboard and monitor blue screen again this time system service failed ntfs sys

Mar 3, 2021
Make sure Windows is fully up to date. That error is related to the storage devices. Did you install the AMD Chipset drivers along with the fresh install of Windows?
Yes I did I’m working so struggling to put more time in. I managed to get some screen shots prior to the last disaster. I will link them here tomorrow

Mar 3, 2021
If you remove the HDD, does the system perform properly (as expected)?

What is the make/model of the HDD you installed?
[/QUOTE
That was the last thing I added, I then formatted it. Worked for 15 minutes or so. We have a Firecuda 510 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 S and Seagate 4TB BarraCuda 3.5 inch

Mar 3, 2021
Seemed ok again HDD. Not attached, did windows security update defender

rebooted though had to more blue screens then just went black and computer continued running. Kmode and a security one I added to the imgur link

Mar 3, 2021
Tried to diagnose ram but froze overnight then again would not boot up. We installed kraken cooler so that atleast that’s sorted. Powers on all lights fans. Put only one ram in which only just fits due to radiator.
I am thinking now it might be that as I can’t do anything else. I have a real crap work pc I may take ram out to try if it’s compatible.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
What speed is your memory set to, in the BIOS? If anything higher than the DDR4 standard of 2133, lower to that and see if the system becomes stable.

Your memory may be rated for a higher speed and we can deal with that after you get a stable baseline in place.

Solution
Mar 3, 2021

Thanks we have 2666 MHz rams no idea about bios. All lit up now but just one led not moving on mb. Will try to buy lower ram tomorrow see if will start. As it’s been one blue screen after another I didn’t know what was the cause. I am worried I have buggered the CPU now messing with the cooler. Though I was extremely careful, removed old paste with alcohol wipe and it is insured also

Mar 3, 2021
I now have it running with one ram after a day of not powering up though all lights and fans on. Just checking the ssd with bios device self test. I will try to figure out bios setting picking up a lower ram today