Commendable
Dec 5, 2017
  • GPU: GTX 1060 6 GB.
  • CPU: i5 7400.
  • PSU: Xigmatek 600 W.
  • RAM: Hyper X Fury 8 GB DDR4.
  • Case: Xigmatek.
  • Motherboard: Asus Strix B250G Gaming.

I feel like theres a bottleneck between the CPU and GPU, since the CPU is at 3 GHz with 4 cores and 4 threads.

What are some medium-low cost upgrades that i can do to help increase my FPS? I feel like lately i have been dropping under 60 FPS in most games with these specs; im open to any suggestions. :)

Solution
first i would upgrade the ram,i would add another 8gb so that the total is 16.
16gb is the sweet spot for now and near future in gaming world.
And yes i would upgrade that cpu.Your mobo supports up to i7 7700k but i recommend not buying the K version since you cant overclock it on b250g chipset.I recommend buying i7 7700 instead,and for the GPU i recommend waiting for the new rtx 30xx series cards.I would go for something of the low tier rtx 30xx series so it doesnt cause bottlenecking with i7 7700.You can still use your 1060 6gb until you buy your rtx 30xx series card,it can still game on pretty much any title.
Also get a ssd if you dont have it yet
first i would upgrade the ram,i would add another 8gb so that the total is 16.
16gb is the sweet spot for now and near future in gaming world.
And yes i would upgrade that cpu.Your mobo supports up to i7 7700k but i recommend not buying the K version since you cant overclock it on b250g chipset.I recommend buying i7 7700 instead,and for the GPU i recommend waiting for the new rtx 30xx series cards.I would go for something of the low tier rtx 30xx series so it doesnt cause bottlenecking with i7 7700.You can still use your 1060 6gb until you buy your rtx 30xx series card,it can still game on pretty much any title.
Also get a ssd if you dont have it yet

Solution