Question Gaming pc randomly shuts off

Oct 4, 2020
I have an odd issue with my pc where it will randomly fully shut down with no errors bsod etc. I could be on facebook for half an hour before the first shut down and sometimes won't after hours of playing games, but once it does shutdown the period between them shortens and by the 3rd or 4th one it crashes even before getting to the Windows login screen.

Sometimes when booting back up the cpu fan doesnt kick on and it doesnt send signal to the monitors and i have to shutdown and try again or occasionally the computer doesnt respond to the power button at all for a minute or two.

So far ive replaced the psu to a evga gold rated 550w and replaced the gpu since the old rx580 had major sag which i thought could be an issue.

I've updated my bios and all drivers and have reinstalled Windows twice.

Ive monitored all temps and at most hit 62 degrees on my cpu and around 60 on my gpu.

All my hardware asides from the hdd, psu and gpu were bought last boxing day and the other stuff is even newer.

Checked over all connections and any damage to motherboard and redid thermal paste.

Im at a complete loss as to what to do and cant find any threads with the same issue i do so any help would be awesome!

Specs:
Msi tomahawk b450 max
Ryzen 7 2700x stock cooler
Rtx 2060
Corsair vengeance 2x8gb
Evga 550w psu
Nvme m.2 + 1tb older hdd

Lutfij

Titan
80plus ratings play no part in determining the quality of components that go into a PSU. What is the model for the EVGA PSU's used in the past and in the present? FYI, I'd have chosen a PSU that can output at least 650W for the entire system.

Which BIOS version are you currently on? What version of Windows 10 are you on? Which slots are you populating with your sticks of ram? You might want to breadboard the system and see if the system reboots while on bare minimum hardware.

Also, source a donor PSU that is reliably built with at least 650W of power at your system's disposal.

Oct 4, 2020
80plus ratings play no part in determining the quality of components that go into a PSU. What is the model for the EVGA PSU's used in the past and in the present? FYI, I'd have chosen a PSU that can output at least 650W for the entire system.

Which BIOS version are you currently on? What version of Windows 10 are you on? Which slots are you populating with your sticks of ram? You might want to breadboard the system and see if the system reboots while on bare minimum hardware.

Also, source a donor PSU that is reliably built with at least 650W of power at your system's disposal.
i realized a 550w is a little less than I shouldve gotten but ive calculated my max draw and it should draw less than 500w but i dont really have much headroom for other stuff down the road. I was running the same model psu but it was 5-6 years old and 650w. I am running the latest bios version (v.7C02v37) and I reinstalled windows yesterday and am running the home version with all drivers and updates and my chipset and graphics drivers. im running my ram on slots 1 and 3 but i have tried using 2 and 4 and it seemed to reduce the frequency of the shutdowns but its hard to say for sure due to how inconsistent the shutdows can be and the computer gave me warnings about using non optimized ram slots leading to decreased performance on startup.

Oct 4, 2020
CPU temp OK?

CPU got a bent pin?

RAM kit listed in your motherboard memory QVL?

Does a bios reset help?
cpu temps are perfectly fine it hasnt gone past 62 degrees and it has fresh thermal paste and I inspected the cpu for any damage to the pins and it looked good. I havent tried a bios reset as it was still having the same issue before I updated it but ill give that a try. ram kit is listed on this mobo QVL