Gaming pc running games slowly

anguslurcott

Reputable
Feb 13, 2015
I recently built a gaming pc, here is my build http://pcpartpicker.com/user/anguslurcott/saved/Z9pzK8
it is all correct apart from I didn't buy a CPU cooler I am using the one that came with my CPU. So I've had this for a few months and expected to be able to run games very smoothly. When I run games like CS:GO and world or warcraft it's fine but when I play games like Far Cry 4, and Assasins Creed Unity it doesn't very well and has loads of lag spikes. I thought I could run most games on high settings quite well but apparently not. I'm not sure what the problem could be.

anguslurcott

Reputable
Feb 13, 2015

The CPU wouldn't have anything to do with it, if it's using a bad cooler it gets hot and that wouldn't effect it?

gwapito

Reputable
Sep 18, 2014
Are you overclocking your cpu? Why would intel bundle that cooler with the cpu if its not enough for cooling. Unless you're overlocking, you won't need aftermarket cooler.

Download hwinfo64 to monitor your temps then post it here. Will help you analyze your temps if that is your concern

gwapito

Reputable
Sep 18, 2014
Like what i said, unless your overclocking you don't and won't need an aftermarket cooler. Intel's engineers have designed and tested that cooler so it will be fine for stock setup. Run hwinfo64 and ill tell you if you have temp issue

I'm using stock cooler just to let you know