Aug 7, 2023
Good afternoon,

About a week ago, I was playing Remnant 2 and noticed a pretty noticeable fps drop, along with a lot of stuttering. I tested out a few more games (Cyberpunk and Wo long) and these issues were also consistent.

I originally purchased my PC pre-built during the GPU shortage and have since upgraded the graphics card and power supply

My System specs:

Windows: 11
CPU: i9- 12900kf
GPU: 4090
Motherboard: Asus Prime z690-P D4
Ram: 2x 16 gb Tforce
PSU: Corsair RM1000x
AIO: Deepcool Castle 240ex
Case: Lian Li Dynamic PC-o11
Fans: 9 generic fans (9not too sure the brand)

Since then, I have run a few benchmarks and its shows that my PC is nowhere near where others with the same hardware are.

Trouble shooting wise I have completed with no avail:
  • Updated BIOS
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled Nvidia Drivers
  • Updated everything I could find on Asus Armory
  • Reset the whole PC (I was really frustrated at this point)
Here are my benchmarks on timespy (this is the highest I have been able to get it so far after reset)

Displaying image.png

Displaying image.png

Unfortunately, I am not super proficient in PCs so I do not really know how to identify errors through the benchmarks (or really read them for that matter). I did see while running a nova bench that my CPU score was half of what others were getting so my thought would be that is the issue but do not know how to combat that

Any assistance or guidance would be greatly appreciated. I am new to the forum so let me know if I also left out any valuable details

Thanks in advance!

Aug 7, 2023
On first look, is your i9- 12900kf being cooled effectively (heatsink seated properly, orientation of fans etc) ?
Also, looks XMP may not be enabled in BIOS as your ram is 3600 but running at 2400
I believe that the CPU is being cooled properly. In my Timespy Benchmark the highest it appears to to get 60 degrees Celsius. I am not sure if there is any other benchmarks that I could use to test that (with my reset all my games went with it :( ). I did see on my armory crate dashboard the CPU fan rpms were going up and down.

As for XMP, I will have to look up how to enable that real quick.

Ahhhh I believe I figured it out. It appears that my Power options in my control panel was set to "Power Saver". I have changed this setting to "High Performance" and here is my most recent results:

Start playing some games and test out the speed and temps also good find about power saver thing atleast now your cpu is running like 12900kf should run!