Gaming PC specs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrspamrr

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2014
Hi there,

I'm not sure if I'm in the write section but I wanted an expert to review the specs of a PC I plan to purchase (and to asses weather it is suitable for gaming purposes).

The desktop model is the Asus Essentio CM6830-07 Desktop with the following specs:

-3rd Gen Intel Core i7-3770 processor
-8GB DDR3 memory
-NVIDIA GT 620 graphics (2GB video memory)

I understand that the graphics card in the PC is not the best so would you suggest replacing it? And if so how would I go about doing that, and what card should I buy that is compatible with my PC? (I would like keep the graphics card at $150 or less)

(BTW My goal is to play games on max settings like bf4 and crysis 3 with about 50 fps)

Thanks for all your help!!

StarBG

Honorable
Oct 10, 2013
Dont buy premade pc systems because they are not good. You can let ppl to build you a system with chosen components for more quality, better price and the GPU is really not for gaming and the CPU also.

Something like that for the start as example:

Intel Xeon E3-1230V3 4x3.30GHz So1150 Box Haswell : same as an Intel core i7 with 200MHz less but at the price for an i5
530 Watt be quiet! Pure Power L8 CM Modular or other quality PSU
Corsair 8GB KIT DDR3-1600 CL9 Blue Vengeance Low Profile : 2x4GB DDR3 in dual channel
ASRock H87 Pro4 H87 Sockel 1150 ATX DDR3 : good mainboard for the CPU
GPU: GTX 770 or r9 280x or greater
CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo if you want a good CPU cooler to keep the CPU cooler and it is quiet

rrspamrr

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2014

In all honesty, I'm just not comfortable with building my own PC. I'd much rather replace the parts of premade PC like this one. So what would you suggest replacing in this pc? (BTW i thought the i7 was a top of the line cpu... would I have to replce that as well?)

StarBG

Honorable
Oct 10, 2013
Of course you can ask the ppl in the forum to help you to build your system and get many opinions which I had in mind. It is much cheaper than to buy a premade system and then to replace parts. The i7 is the best but it is more expensive than the i5 and not much better in performance and the Xeon E3 1230V3 is a server CPU but it is the same like an i7 but it is priced like an i5 and it is the best option if you dont plan to overclock extreme. The CPU runs 4cores and has 4 virtual threads like the i7 with 3,3GHz and you can set all cores to run at its turbo speed of 3.7GHz which is more than enough. What would your budget be for a whole system?

rrspamrr

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2014

The thing is, I'd much rather change the existing parts already on the PC because I'm essentially getting the entire thing for free (from one of my relatives). So it would actually be much cheaper for me to just replace the existing cpu/gpu on the PC itself... I just need to know what I have to change in my PC in order to play games like BF4 and crysis 3 on max settings.

StarBG

Honorable
Oct 10, 2013
Ok, that changes the things. The GPU has to be changed at first place and the PSU too if it is 320watt, like I found in the internet. Is your OS 64bit?
How much would you spend on GPU and PSU? The CPU and RAM are good.

rrspamrr

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2014

I wanna try to keep the cost for the gpu and the psu combined under $200

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS