Gaming PC suddenly slower, HELP!

VeTeRen ThoR

Honorable
Jun 19, 2013
Hey guys, i have a i5 4670, GTX 770 OC 2GB, 1TB seagate HD, 2 x 4GB corsair Vengeance RAM, 750W Thermaltake PSU and i have used about 400GB of the harddrive and i have avast as antivirus, i have over enough cooling fans in my pc and my parts doesn't even get nearby the point of overheating. My games actuall runs smooth(the fps haven't ever dropped since i got this pc) but my windows is slow...when i double-click on a video it takes about 5seconds to open. also sometimes when i for example scan my pc and i right cick on the desktop to refresh the windows loadi8ng icon takes like 5-10seconds to open.... it feels like my windows is slowing down.... i play games like outlast, fifa 14, sijms 3, call of duty and battlefield.... what do you guys think is slowing my windows down??? i have windows ultimate 64-bit

Solution
check your power settings to see if your hdd is being turned off to save power.
if not then try defragging and disk cleanup.
if you currently only have 1 partition then make another as you can then store your downloads separate from your o.s. this will make windows a lot smoother.
basically set up the drive so it has 1 250gig partition and the rest use as storage.
but before all that download malware bytes and scan with it.
check your power settings to see if your hdd is being turned off to save power.
if not then try defragging and disk cleanup.
if you currently only have 1 partition then make another as you can then store your downloads separate from your o.s. this will make windows a lot smoother.
basically set up the drive so it has 1 250gig partition and the rest use as storage.
but before all that download malware bytes and scan with it.

Solution