Question Gaming pc that cant run games

Mar 1, 2021
Hello new here and couldn't find any help just by looking so I'm here to see if anyone can help, i bought a IBUYPOWER Intel Core i7-8700K 16GB Memory NVIDIA RTX 2080 8GB 1TB SSD with a onn VGA HDMI 60hz FHD Monitor, 1080p, 22" for my wife and at first it was fine 60+ fps any game but here recently it can no longer hold a steady fps even on low end games and all graphics are on low and even tried them on high with the same results didn't get worse just jumped around from 5 fps to 30, any help would be appreciated

Last edited:
Hello new here and couldn't find any help just by looking so I'm here to see if anyone can help, i bought a IBUYPOWER Intel Core i7-8700K 16GB Memory NVIDIA RTX 2080 8GB 1TB SSD with a onn VGA HDMI 60hz FHD Monitor, 1080p, 22" for my wife and at first it was fine 60+ fps any game but here recently it can no longer hold a steady fps even on low end games and all graphics are on low and even tried them on high with the same results didn't get worse just jumped around from 5 fps to 30, any help would be appreciated
If game settings don't change anything then the GPU is likely fine. I suspect the CPU is not cooling properly. All frames pass through the CPU before going to the GPU, so if fps is low and GPU is working properly the problem may be the CPU. It's rare for a CPU to fail unless it's overheating. Even then it will throttle back voltage to save itself which can result in low performance and even system shutdowns. Verify the CPU is not overheating. I have no idea what type of cooling you have. If it's a liquid cooler the pump may have failed or a power cable came loose.

If this unit was shipped to you it's possible a connection somewhere in the system came loose. It could actually be as simple as that. The power supply could also be the problem, although not as likely, but most prebuilts (especially ibuypower and cyberpowerpc) use cheap low quality power supplies to cut costs and boost profit. It should be noted that an RTX 2080 is major overkill for a 1080p monitor and can easily drive a 1440p monitor with good fps. If you bought this recently and it's under warranty I'd return it for service/replacement.

Mar 1, 2021
It was not shipped to us we got it in 2019 from Best Buy. Had a 30 day trial, it did great then with in the first 5 months we decided to wipe it because it started blue screening and crashing on a game called BoB (beast of Bermuda), it only had the problem with that game but figured it would help. The computer is water cooled, doesn’t have a integrated graphics.

Mar 1, 2021
UPDATE: i was looking at the resource manager and the cpu frequency is droping low and i have read it needs to be high may not be true but im sure yall will know