[SOLVED] Gaming PC total power loss when games run

Jul 16, 2020
Hey all, new problem ive been having past 2 weeks. When playing/loading games and running gpu benchmarks all power gets cut, like its been switched off at the wall, then it restarts.
Went from once or twice a week to every time very quickly. I've run all the diagnostics i know how to do which is basically drivers and cleaning the case.

Specs

maximus VI extreme
i7 4770k
980ti
16gb ram
supernova 1300 G2 psu

Bought secondhand 4ish years ago and never been a problem. Event viewer spits out 'kernel-power'

Any ideas? Cheers

Solution
I bought the pc secondhand, don't think i'd be able to get a warranty claim through. Is there a way to test the power supply before i dish out the money to replace it?

No, the only real way is to use the power supply and stress it like you are when using the computer. Since you already know something is crashing the only way to find out what component is to replace the suspected ones and see when it stops doing what it's doing.
Jul 16, 2020
I bought the pc secondhand, don't think i'd be able to get a warranty claim through. Is there a way to test the power supply before i dish out the money to replace it?

No, the only real way is to use the power supply and stress it like you are when using the computer. Since you already know something is crashing the only way to find out what component is to replace the suspected ones and see when it stops doing what it's doing.

Solution

gdds_01

Reputable
May 5, 2020
Last edited: