gaming PC under 1000-1200£ and for youtube

TheSkyRio

Reputable
Jan 31, 2015
Hello, I am Max,
Today I want to go pro ! I want to go in depth in YouTube and in gaming, 1 year ago I bought a HP envy who is good at runs at 30-40fps is normal quality but its horrible for rendering and recording and with my 3k subs Chanel its anmoying, so I raised money and I have 1000£ which makes 1300$ and I was looking to build my own cause its better and I need
- No lags on games ( I can go in medium quality )
- Good for render ! ( like syndicates )
- can handle 3 monitors
- OP CASE
- just a power !
And I was thinking about this one : look it up on YT - Positron 1000$ Gaming PC build - November 2014

Solution
For video work, you will want a good processor, and hyper threading will be very useful, I would go for an i7 4790 with the "K" being up to you.
For the games, I would recommend either a 960, or a R9 280 the 280 is $190, but $170 after rebate.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127789However, if you can find a 280x for a low price get that, as three monitors is rather demanding.
At the lowest, get a 2TB HDD, as you will need the storage due to their low prices ($70) perhaps put two in raid zero for better recording performance. SSDs are no good for recording on to as they break down, and velociraptors are too expensive.
I am not sure of a precise motherboard, as I am not sure if you want to overclock your CPU a lot, but I would recommend spending no more that $150.
An 850 watt power supply is great, as you can squeeze in two way SLI or crossfire. There are many options, but 80+ gold is worth getting.
Cases are another vague category, I would recommend a full atx case, but it is up to you as to what it will look like, one like this is cheap, but nice looking and well built. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811854003
As for RAM, Eight gigabytes is cutting it a bit too close for video work, currently, you can get 16 Gigs for about $130, so try to get that.

I saw the video that you mentioned, and I feel that an i5 is not enough for video work, and due to low i7 prices you will be better off in the long run. I cut out the SSD, as they are not a need, and it allows more money to be spent on other components. A 970 would be wonderful for this build, however, I do not see it fitting well in to such a budget, if you can fit it, get it though.
For cooling get a H80i, and you will not have any problems, if you really want to overclock, then get a h100i.
I hope that was of use.

JP7PlaysMC

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2014

I'd definitely suggest a GTX 970 over the 960.... Much better performance/dollar ratio, and better performance overall. Maybe even the AMD Radeon R9 290X if a bit of noise and heat isn't a problem.

Solution