[SOLVED] Gaming PC will not post with my GPU seated in the first PCIe slot

Aug 29, 2019
I ran into some issues recently were my computer won't post with the graphics card in the primary PCIe slot. When I first had this issue, I looked online and followed advice to remove the battery and put it back in the motherboard and that worked, for a while. But now whenever I turn it on with the GPU in the first slot, it light up the LEDs, spins the fans and then immediately shuts back off, nothing shown on the screen.

I don't know if this is an issue with the GPU or the motherboard, or even the PSU? I don't have any spare parts to try out at the moment since this is my first ever build, so I'd have to buy/ask for replacement parts before I can swap them out to try those options.

My Build:
CPU: Intel Core i5 9600k
PSU: Corsair RM1000i (massive overkill, I know)
Motherboard: MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon
GPU: MSI GTX 1660ti Armor OC 6GB
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB RAM 3200mhz
Boot Drive: Samsung 970 EVO NVMe 500GB
Game storage Drive: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB

I built this in April, so it is not an old computer. Not sure if it is relevant, but I had to get my RAM replaced by Corsair in June because it failed and kept causing blue screens.

Edit: corrected typos

Solution
I fixed it. It turns out (I'm 90% sure) that it was the extension lead I had my PC plugged in to. I guess it wasn't supplying enough power? Plugged straight into the wall socket, it boots every time regardless of which PCIe slot the card is mounted.
Aug 29, 2019
I fixed it. It turns out (I'm 90% sure) that it was the extension lead I had my PC plugged in to. I guess it wasn't supplying enough power? Plugged straight into the wall socket, it boots every time regardless of which PCIe slot the card is mounted.

Solution