Gaming pc with lowish FPs ><

G

Im not sure if ive posted in right forum :( sorry but this is my spec..

phenom 955 x4 3.2Ghz
Asus 285GTX
4Gb ddr3 ram
vista Ultimate 64Bit
Monitor running at 1900x1200 (i also have one (not connected) 1600x1050
Psu 700Wats OCZ stelth

Well My fps in agmes seem to be a bit low. In crysis It runs on very high settings at about 30fps-40fps. On world of warcraft 40-50 on ultimate settings. And on the beta version of Champions online at around 30fps >< (20 if im flying) now on low settings it gets upto 50-60... No one else seems to be having that trouble on that game..ppl with dual cores and 9600 - are running at better fps than me >< Ive just spent £500 upgrading my whole pc :( Nothing is over heating (i dont think) I have run a program called 3dmark and got a Lower than the acrage pc score.. Which really dont seem right >< Ive ran some heating tests and nothing is over heating The cpu is around 65c (i think not so sure but it was at safe normal levels) Ive flashed bio's.
The cpu is showing up in windows at the right model and speed. In vista score i have 5.9 system. Everything seems to be fine... Im stuck >< lol! can any one suggest anything i can try? am i being bottlenecked? Ive run champiosn online on my 1600 screen and still the same fps ><.. im worried as I only upgraded my comp to wipe the floor with Aion lol Or at leats on high settings :( .. can any one give some advice?
P.s i built the pc my self and buit 2 before it.. but im not up on the techy talk >< lol so be gentle with me!!

G

I also have the latest drivers and my mobo is ma-Ga790FTX UDP5

G

even if i lower res from 1900 to 1600? >< thoiuuyght there may have been a lil increase :(

daship

Distinguished
Your expecting more outa your PC then it can do. Ya you spent a good deal of money, but for 1900+ you need to look at sli bro.

Like I said your right on par with your setup and resolutions.

G

Hmm im buggerd then >< My mobo cant sli only crossfire... Im not gunan waste the 240 on my Nvidia card :( and dont think they make a good board with ddr3ram am3 socket & sli >< lol :(

G

i did lol I asked 4-5 people 3-4 sites and they said SLI isnt all its cracked upto be Its great.. but for not essential unless u want all the settings and Anti A on retardly high ><... I do have a 19inch monitor.. but that will mean wasteing my 1900 lol >< nvm

G

Hmm im on my 19inch monitor running at 1028 and the fps aint changing in crysis i see a very slight increase in champions online..but nothing to write home about >< .
Nope i did say about the res. that was the one thing i was worried about the most. I had a 9600GT before which ran ok with a 1900 monitor but not great the 285 deff has increased..but since i put it in my new quad >< .. it seems to be sluggish and slow lol..

daship

Distinguished
Quad will only help if the game is optimized for quad, and if your dual was faster then 3.2 that would be another reason. you might want to adjust your aa and af as well.

G

so would i be better off going back to my old motherboard with ddr2 ram that could sli? that processor was 6400+ AMD