News Gaming PCs to Become More Expensive, Monitor Sales Will Boom: IDC

InvalidError

Titan
The problem with sales of "GAMING" PC components is that components with "GAMING" branding or marketing is often the cheapest way for non-gamers to get features that cost a fortune to get on non-"GAMING" components so I suspect a lot of "GAMING" component sales are to non-gamers for non-"GAMING" uses.

As for high-refresh, I wouldn't mind having 90-120Hz even as a non-gamer for smoother mouse pointer movement and reduced ghosting in videos, though I wouldn't throw out my existing monitors and TVs to get it either and I'm hoping they'll last until OLED or QD-LED become affordable.

4freedomssake

Honorable
Oct 30, 2017
I dislike the fact that these gaming computers don't have off the shelf parts. When I went to go look for one, I had no idea who the GPU was by. Scary to me.

Reactions: Why_Me
It is noteworthy that while gaming displays are projected to become slightly cheaper in the coming years, IDC expects gaming PCs to actually increase their ASPs from $925 in 2020 to $1007 in 2025.
That doesn't seem particularly noteworthy when you consider that the increase is less than the typical rate of inflation in the US. Spread out over 5 years, that only works out to around a 1.7% increase per year.