Question Gaming performance way below expectations

Jun 10, 2019
I bought an Alienware r7 that originally came with a core i5 8400 and a gtx 1070 with 8gb ddr4 memory and a 480 watt psu

i wanted a couple upgrades and got an 860 watt psu, a gtx 1080ti(founders edition), a i7 8700 and upgraded finally to 16gb ddr4
When I play some more demanding games such as battlefield 5, my frames only linger around the 60-75 fps range (1080p), now this is pretty good, but not good enough for my parts.
I was wondering if its only that game that under performs like that.
so I went on PC benchmark, and after the test it said both my cpu and gpu are way below expectations.
I thought it was probably a throttling issue but my temperatures seem to be just fine.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Temps are always fine because the safety mechanisms clock down your components to keep temps safe.
Run gpu-z and core temp or even better set up msi afterburner to show you the cpu and gpu clocks while gaming to see if they rev up to top performance or not.

Jun 10, 2019
Temps are always fine because the safety mechanisms clock down your components to keep temps safe.
Run gpu-z and core temp or even better set up msi afterburner to show you the cpu and gpu clocks while gaming to see if they rev up to top performance or not.
If they don’t rev up to top performance how to I get it to go up to to top performance?