Gaming Ram for a Asus P8Z77-V LK

rdizz81

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2012
Hey guys i scanned the forum and i found some answers and all of them are saying DDR3 1600 I feel my Gaming rig is getting a bit old and i am a glutten for performance.

I didn't see anything recommended for faster ram? I am looking to upgrade to faster ram and i only use my computer for gaming.

My specs are as follows.

Asus P8Z77-V LK
Core i5 3570K overclocked to 4.6Ghz
EvGa 670 FTW
16gb Patriot DDR3 1600 CL9

Now i generally run everything on max settings with no problems but i am trying to squeeze a bit more FPS out of it. I know Ram may or may not help however my brother needs some ram and mine will work with his rig so i was also thinking get myself some new ram and give him the old Hand me downs ;)

any suggestions out there? i feel like 800mhz ram is just a bit on the slow side?

I reside in the US and shop alot at Newegg.

Solution
16gb Patriot DDR3 1600 CL9 -- don't see why this is not doing the job myself
I use 1600 2x8 gskills and I don't see a issue with it .. but I don't sse if you want to try something new and use your old sticks to upgrade another rig I don't see nothing wrong with that either.. my self I don't oc anymore and I now just keep the memory equal to the memory controller of the chip witch intel is 1600 but should handle higher speeds but higher speeds over 1600 is oc'ed and will put some stress on the chip and if its on the weak side of things it may not like to run higher speeds and show some stability issues or it may oc like a champ ??? like with any oc its at your own risk.. but you should look over your boards memory list and...
16gb Patriot DDR3 1600 CL9 -- don't see why this is not doing the job myself
I use 1600 2x8 gskills and I don't see a issue with it .. but I don't sse if you want to try something new and use your old sticks to upgrade another rig I don't see nothing wrong with that either.. my self I don't oc anymore and I now just keep the memory equal to the memory controller of the chip witch intel is 1600 but should handle higher speeds but higher speeds over 1600 is oc'ed and will put some stress on the chip and if its on the weak side of things it may not like to run higher speeds and show some stability issues or it may oc like a champ ??? like with any oc its at your own risk.. but you should look over your boards memory list and see if theres a tested brand and speed listed that is what you would like and look in to it .. in the end all you can do is buy and try [opinion]

Solution
as with it all you don't know until you try ... read all the info and hype that's out there but unless you buy it and try it you will only wonder about it .. find what you want and get it stick it in and see what you get out of it I can tell you to get this or get that but until you see for your self your just farting in the wind