Gaming, Rendering, CAD Hybrid Station Advice Needed

Jul 4, 2018
Basically, I'm looking to replace my ageing gaming station with a gaming, rendering and CAD hybrid station.

I'm a Mechanical Design Engineer and also play a lot of games in my spare time. I use AutoCAD, Inventor, SolidWorks, Creo, 3ds Max, Keyshot, Ansys, MathCAD, STAAD etc etc and would need to be able to use any other major software that is used in this area.

Rendering and CAD would need to be done to an almost professional level, although currently renders are only used for in-house meetings and graphics so the best of the best isn't totally needed, anything for public display is put through a render farm. CAD models include part counts of up to 50k. Larger can be dealt with through work PC's.

Gaming wise, just standard games being played, please mention if you think that current games would bottleneck or suffer performance drops at highest settings with any recommendations being made.

Budget wise, somewhere between £3-5K

Thanks for any and all replies.

Solution
Buy two PCs. A gaming graphics card and a workstation graphics card have drivers optimized for very different functions. Or tweak your current system for gaming and buy a new optimized workstation.