Gaming Rig Maintenance - Please suggest tools to clean pc

yugal0007

Honorable
Feb 10, 2014
Hello,
First of all I am sorry, if the post is miscategorized. I was unable to find a proper category for this post.

I have a custom built gaming pc. I need your suggestion in buying some tools to clean dust accumulated in the motherboard, gpu, fans etc.
While searching the forum, I found out "Metro DataVac" Duster. I wish to buy this product. But unfortunately it's not available in India. I can buy it from new egg but the shipping cost is too much (more than 100% of the product).

Please suggest me what should I buy for cleaning PC. I don't wish to buy compressed air cans.

1) Blower/Duster for cleaning Dust - Is there any substitute to Metro DataVac?If yes, can you please suggest.
2) Thermal Paste - Summer is coming and it can get too hot in India. Please suggest me some good inexpensive thermal paste.
3) Cabinet Fan (120mm) - I need an extra cabinet fan. What should I check while buying a fan? Is it only RPM? Or is there any other parameter as well? I heard a lot about Cooler Master Megaflow. Is it sufficient for my PC? I have a Corsair Graphite Series 230T Cabinet. It has got 3 stock fans.

Please help me out in deciding what to buy.

Solution
Cleaning: There is not much to this, just use compressed air cans. There is no reason to buy a machine just for your own rig, these are mostly used by technicians that can clean hundreds of PCs in a single month, thus compressed air cans become impractical.

Thermal paste: Thermal pastes I can recommend in descending order of performance: ARCTIC MX-4, ARCTIC MX-2, Prolimatech PK-3, Prolimatech PK-2, Arctic Silver 5.

Case fan: Aside from Noctua fans (which are expensive as hell), one of the best airflow fans on the market is the Coolermaster Jetflo. It is fairly expensive, but it is very good for its price.
Cleaning: There is not much to this, just use compressed air cans. There is no reason to buy a machine just for your own rig, these are mostly used by technicians that can clean hundreds of PCs in a single month, thus compressed air cans become impractical.

Thermal paste: Thermal pastes I can recommend in descending order of performance: ARCTIC MX-4, ARCTIC MX-2, Prolimatech PK-3, Prolimatech PK-2, Arctic Silver 5.

Case fan: Aside from Noctua fans (which are expensive as hell), one of the best airflow fans on the market is the Coolermaster Jetflo. It is fairly expensive, but it is very good for its price.

Solution

yugal0007

Honorable
Feb 10, 2014

The compressed air can cost around $4-$5 here.The dust accumulates pretty fast around here. So I have to clean my PC frequently (say once in 20 days). So buying compressed cans seems to be a bit expensive in long term.

yugal0007

Honorable
Feb 10, 2014

Jetflo is not available here. It's out of stock in most online stores. Any alternatives for Jetflo?

Noctua NF-F12 IndustrialPPC, Be Quiet Silent Wings 2, and Corsair AF120 (in descending order of performance). Although the Noctua fan is very expensive (for a fan anyway), it is among the best on the market, and since you're only getting one I'd say it's worth it.