Question Gaming router next to Mesh system?

Maxjek95

Prominent
Mar 14, 2022
Hello,

Currently I have Giganet internet (1 Gbit/s), using this Linksys Atlas Pro 6 (2 nodes) as Mesh system. I connected the first node directly via LAN cable to my default modem (which is not good) and the second one is in a separate room.

Short residential description: we live in an apartment, not very big, 3rd (highest) floor, with a total of 6 apartments per block (no idea if this is relevant to mention). Within a few months we do plan to move to a house instead of the current apartment.

The cable from the second node recently broke, so I have yet to purchase a new cable for this. I now notice that I do not have full range in the bedroom after this second node is temporarily out of service.

Now I saw on Amazon Netherlands this ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AX6000 Dual Band Gaming Router for €194.81 and was wondering if it has any added value to using it next to the Mesh system? Or is it best to save the money and continue using the Mesh system?

If any more information is needed, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks in advance!

kanewolf

Titan
Hello,

Currently I have Giganet internet (1 Gbit/s), using this Linksys Atlas Pro 6 (2 nodes) as Mesh system. I connected the first node directly via LAN cable to my default modem (which is not good) and the second one is in a separate room.

Short residential description: we live in an apartment, not very big, 3rd (highest) floor, with a total of 6 apartments per block (no idea if this is relevant to mention). Within a few months we do plan to move to a house instead of the current apartment.

The cable from the second node recently broke, so I have yet to purchase a new cable for this. I now notice that I do not have full range in the bedroom after this second node is temporarily out of service.

Now I saw on Amazon Netherlands this ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AX6000 Dual Band Gaming Router for €194.81 and was wondering if it has any added value to using it next to the Mesh system? Or is it best to save the money and continue using the Mesh system?

If any more information is needed, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks in advance!
IMO, a gaming router won't change anything. You have high bandwidth WAN service. No QOS needed.

bniknafs9

Honorable
Jan 21, 2019
gaming routers have MIMO , they give you higher bandwith wirelessly . but latency wise they will slow you down , just like any other access point .
if you are into online gaming avoid mesh and anything other in between . the best set up for a gamer is a modem on bridge mode and a dial up connection in windows 10 or 11 .
hope that helps .