[SOLVED] Gaming Router

Fatblabs

Commendable
Jun 29, 2021
Hey Guys! I was curious about gaming routers for quite a while. When You have a gaming router, do you have to have some sort of subscription? Can you plug your computer right into your gaming router?

If none of the above is possible, how does it work?

(sorry guys for asking stupid questions I'm just not good with routers T-T )

Solution
When You have a gaming router, do you have to have some sort of subscription
You mean pay monthly service?
You might be referring to an ISP (Internet service provider) instead, where you pay them monthly for an internet access.

Usually when you buy a router (a device) or a "gaming router" for that matter, you just pay one time. No attached strings, that's it.
Then you connect your PC to your gaming router.
Then you connect your ISP's modem to your gaming router via ethernet cable so it can have internet access

I haven't personally encountered a gaming router where they employ a subscription service in order to use it. It would be a draconian measure...
When You have a gaming router, do you have to have some sort of subscription
You mean pay monthly service?
You might be referring to an ISP (Internet service provider) instead, where you pay them monthly for an internet access.

Usually when you buy a router (a device) or a "gaming router" for that matter, you just pay one time. No attached strings, that's it.
Then you connect your PC to your gaming router.
Then you connect your ISP's modem to your gaming router via ethernet cable so it can have internet access

I haven't personally encountered a gaming router where they employ a subscription service in order to use it. It would be a draconian measure...

Solution