Gaming/streaming pc (my first build)

Nanotechnix

Prominent
Jul 8, 2017
I've always dreamed of building my own PC but never had the means. Finally finding a decent job is gonna help me fullfill my dream.

This is what I've got so far in mind: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nanotechnix/saved/cjLzyc

I have in mind a bugdet of about 1000$/€. Since I'm from Europe but not from a EU country I've accepted the fact that my parts in mind will probably be more expensive than if I lived somewhere else, especially if I lived in the UK, but I do have some family in London so I have some cost cutting ideas. Any other advices when it comes to cost cutting is greatly appreciated.

I've been buying only AMD systems so far, and I'm really not satisfied. The last being a
AMD Athlon X4 845 Quad-core 3.5GHz(3.8GHz Turbo)
Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 460 2GB DDR5 128bit
8GB RAM
But I can barelly run Overwatch on 60fps at everything set low with a 75% render scale.

So I'm looking to give Intel a try with the i5-6700k and ROG Strix editions MOTB's an GPU's since I've heard good things, but I will go for just about anything that does the same job for a good price.

I will mostly be playing/streaming Overwatch, maybe some LoL, would like to stream PUBG as well, which is still Open Beta so it isn't optimized so well (or so I've heard), and maybe some newer games as the time passes but I can live without 2k, everything at ultra settings, gaming.

The thing that bugs me the most is choosing the PSU. Can I go with a Corsair CXM450W if my system needs about 300W(acording to Pc Part Picker) or should I go for 550 or 650W PSU's?

I am looking for a functional PC for years to come that will leave me good room for 1080p 60fps(or more) gaming and 720p to 1080p 60fps streaming(I can settle with 720), with good a upgrading base for the future. I would also like to give some attention to the estetic aspect of the build as well as functionality, so advices to improve the looks of the build are also greatly appreciated.

Edit: Almost forgot, the CPU Cooler I had in mind was a Cooler Master GTS V8, but couldn't find on the pcpartspicker.com so I chose one similar in price. Also, overclocking is something I'm not confident in doing since I do have limited funds at 21years old, so I'd rather go for something more safe and long lasting. And I'd like to venture in the world of video editing maybe at some point since that's something I've always wanted to learn.

strike2001

Reputable
Aug 29, 2015
You can't over-clock with a b250 board, you need a z270 board to over clock.
Also, if you don't want to over clock you don't need a liquid CPU cooler or a k CPU.

Also, if you plan on streaming you should get a Ryzen CPU, i currently using one and i'm getting above 60 FPS in all games with no problems.

Nanotechnix

Prominent
Jul 8, 2017

The R5 1600 is 60$ more than the i5 in my country... Is the R5 1600 more ideal for streaming or only for cutting down costs?