Zogart

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010
Hello,
I have built a system a year or so ago and think i am going to get into FF14 want to see if there is some thing i should upgrade
i have 2 Radeon HD 5770 Video Card - 1GB GDDR5 ASUS M4A78T-E Motherboard - AMD 790GX AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition AM3 Patriot Viper Tri Channel 6GB PC12800 DDR3 and a Watercooler for the cpu fan and a 900 watt powersupply 500bg harddrive. what would you upgrade to get better performance for gaming?

lothdk

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010

For now I would wait and see until the game is actually released, though only thing I can see that would make any sense to upgrade would be your GPUs, but download the benchmark off the official FF XIV site and test for yourself, just know that it only supports 1 GPU (currently)!

csperling

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010
I would say the only thing that is needed is an upgraded GPU. I would wait a little bit before release, prices should drop another $50 or so with the new GTX 460 that came out and there might even be some new cards on the market that will shake things up a little bit (like the dual chip GTX 480 that is in the works). Either way your current system will handle the game just fine on medium-high settings with out major lag spikes.

Phenom/AM3 do not support triple channel RAM . You have 6 gig in single channel and your computer will probably be marginally faster if you remove a 2 gig stick and make sure the remaining two are correctly configured for dual channel .
That will definitely be true if you are using a 32 bit version of windows .

No single nVidia card like the 260 will improve on your system , and you cant use two since your mb doesnt support SLI .
IF you need an upgrade then try a pair of 5850's

lothdk

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010

Almost everyone scores low on the benchmark, it requires current high end components to get a high score, but what have been told by beta testers is that even though they have a relative low score in the benchmark, the actual game runs pretty well, so do not let the benchmark score get you down and dismiss the game because of it.

jesman1985

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
your rigs already a beast.. its more than enough for any game out there.. the only thing i can tell you is ati's 6000's series will be released before the end of this year.. WOOHOO!!! and if you really want.. upgrade the cpu to amd phenom II x6 1090t.. 6 cores @ 3.2.. overclock it a little to 3.4.. it'd be the same thing you have now but with 2 extra cores.. but its not really going to mean anything when your gaming cause games dont even use that many cores yet.. but ya ati's 6000 series :D .. and ya got a beastly rig already...

Zogart

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010
Cool Thanks guy for all your help i think ill wait and upgrade my card soon Iracing going to use 3 cores soon so i may get the new AMD thats out wien i can. I have the H50 CPU cooler and i was wondering if any one knows of a good program to get to watch the temp as it is water cooled i would hate to fry it if it ever stopped working right.

TRENDING THREADS