Gaming with a Router connected to other Router

atari_ckx

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
Hi, I've seen some posts regarding Router into Router connections, but still I've a couple of doubts. At home I've a Dlink DIR-655 as main Router, the DIR-655 has a DHCP Internet access and 192.168.1.1 as IP Address. It have 2 PCs, also I've 3 laptops which have Internet/Local access via Wireless (DHCP) [with WPA security]. This is working fine.

From the Dlink DIR-655 there is a network cable to the living room, where I want to put another router (Linksys WRT54GS), to connect a XBox 360 and PS3 (wired), and I want to be able to use the WiFi capabilities of the Linksys. Here's my problem, I don't know how to configure the second Router (Linksys) to have:

Full open access to Internet (Including ports used for gaming) for Xbox 360/PS3 [connected via Cable]
Internet access for other Wireless devices (better if still I can use WAP and MAC Filtering)
The game consoles be able to read Multimedia Files from a server connected directly to DIR-655

My doubts:
a) Should I put the Linksys in Router or Gateway mode and have another LAN Segment (192.168.2.x)?
b) It's possible to double-NAT? I've read of several problems having NAT inside NAT ...
c) If I use Port forwading, specific ports must be assigned to specific IP Address, how can deal if some XBox game uses the same port of PS3 games?
d) Can I use the DMZ and have all machines of LAN B (Connected to Linksys) exposed?

Any help, suggestions and/or comments will be welcome, of course I'll be glad to answer any doubts ...

/\T/\R|

G