Question Gaming with a single board cluster?

Jun 26, 2019
Looking for information about gaming on a cluster of single board computers the odroid XU4 I would like to create a 4 or 8 cluster of odroid XU4 computers in hopes to play star citizen on a cluster I just want to know if it's possible to use the cluster for gaming I want to combine all 4 or all 8 so that the octa core and GPU can be used together to play the game the GPU is clocked at 500 with a boost to 600 GHz or would I still need to use a dedicated graphics card pref RX580 or RX590 the only option is to connect a external graphics card

if you have to ask the question then it's too much for you, there's probably 6 months minimum of fiddling and bug fixing once you've learnt the basics, and that's if:
  1. The hardware is even capable, (probably not).
  2. The OS capable of running on that hardware (probably not)
  3. The game is capable of running on an OS that will run on that hardware (probably not).

Clustered computers are not general-purpose computers, they run specialized software targeted at specific tasks - tasks which are easy to split into smaller subtasks. Gaming is not one of these. There's also no way to "combine" six GPUs to produce single image.

On top of that: You're talking about PCI-Express GPUs, Odroids/RPIs simply do not have the hardware where to plug it.

Keep your 'droid for Minecraft or Solitary - these are the games that can be ran there.

Clustered computers are not general-purpose computers, they run specialized software targeted at specific tasks - tasks which are easy to split into smaller subtasks. Gaming is not one of these. There's also no way to "combine" six GPUs to produce single image.

On top of that: You're talking about PCI-Express GPUs, Odroids/RPIs simply do not have the hardware where to plug it.

Keep your 'droid for Minecraft or Solitary - these are the games that can be ran there.
There's also no way to "combine" six GPUs to produce single image.

This can be done right? I've seen some people set up 8K screens using 4 GPUs. I can't exactly remember but i think Linus did something like that.

There's also no way to "combine" six GPUs to produce single image.
This can be done right? I've seen some people set up 8K screens using 4 GPUs. I can't exactly remember but i think Linus did something like that.
We're not talking about making a video wall. On top of that - these 4 GPUs were most probably installed into a single computer, under control of single OS / app.

TRENDING THREADS