Gaming with an AMD and GTX gpu's together

Gogsley

Reputable
May 9, 2015
I currently have a GTX 1050 ti 4gb, as well as an AMD R7 360 2gb gpu.

I have seen YT videos of people combining two different gpu's and gaming with 2 gpus. So the question is, can I combine these cards together and have the system read 6gb? Or perhaps better performance if my gtx 1050ti is my main

Solution
Once upon a time, people would use and Nvidia card dedicated to PhysX, and use an AMD card for the video.
Don't know if that is a thing or not anymore.
Even a AMD fanboy like me would tell you to just use the 1050ti 4GB in your current set up.
Because 2GB of vram just doesn't cut it these days.
Take the other card out, and donate it to a friend who needs a gaming pc head start.

exroofer

Distinguished
Once upon a time, people would use and Nvidia card dedicated to PhysX, and use an AMD card for the video.
Don't know if that is a thing or not anymore.
Even a AMD fanboy like me would tell you to just use the 1050ti 4GB in your current set up.
Because 2GB of vram just doesn't cut it these days.
Take the other card out, and donate it to a friend who needs a gaming pc head start.

Solution
Feb 21, 2019
In DirectX12 you can and it works well too, if the game/software support "Explicit Multi-GPU Mode", a new (still in beta) feature that allow you to run your game/software on multiple and even different GPUs at the same time.
Surprisingly, it works so well that it's more convenient to NOT connect two identical Nvidia video cards in SLI (if your software support DirectX12 AND Explicit Multi-GPU Mode).
It can, as well, handle multiple AMD and Nvidia video cards at the same time.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/303...-and-geforce-come-together-in-directx-12.html

Last edited: