Gaming with PS4 or PC

FarmerJoe

Reputable
Feb 16, 2014
Not sure if I am in the right thread but wondering....

If I can custom build a gaming pc for $1000 now - would it compete with the console ps4 and the future? How many years in your esimation would this system be relevent? Thank you!

My Build:

CPU: i5 4670k
MOBO: ASUS z87-A
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8 GB (2 x 4) DDR3 1600
GPU: EVGA gtx770 sc w/atx cooling
PSU: corsair CX600W-M
HDD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD

Solution
That system will absolutely compete with and surpass a PS4...now and in the future.

I have a PS4 and love it...but would only recommend one over a PC if:
1. You have to play some must title (Im a HUGE Metal Gear Fan), or
2. If you have a really low PC budget (<500.00); at that point, a PS4 will provide a more consistent and better experience.

toddybody

Distinguished
That system will absolutely compete with and surpass a PS4...now and in the future.

I have a PS4 and love it...but would only recommend one over a PC if:
1. You have to play some must title (Im a HUGE Metal Gear Fan), or
2. If you have a really low PC budget (<500.00); at that point, a PS4 will provide a more consistent and better experience.

Solution

FarmerJoe

Reputable
Feb 16, 2014
With my build - would it outlast the ps4 and the next ps5 a couple years from now or should I just buy the ps4 now ($400) and the ps5 2 years from now ($400) or should I do PC gaming build described above ($1000)? I know the PC's advantange is the mods - love 'em, and graphics!

What would you do with the choices I have?

toddybody

Distinguished

Well, Im not clairvoyant so...cant speak to what the PS5 will have. That said, the PC you listed above is far superior to a PS4...furthermore, it has an upgrade path; consoles do not.

To your points above, you will still spend more money on a PC...but thats a value decision for you to make.