Gangnam Style Surpasses 1 Billion Views on YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Jackson

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
Somehow, I knew a pointless article like this would be posted after that video hit 1b views..
A day or two late as well.
Oh well, what else is new?

G

very seriously. I dont like it. but I saw it on youtube is because I curious why every news was talking about it. a billion viewers? the power of advertising.

-Jackson

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
very seriously. I dont like it. but I saw it on youtube is because I curious why every news was talking about it. a billion viewers? the power of advertising.
More like word of mouth.. erm, wait no, word of idiots.

Why are people so against this song? It is really a great song for party. In fact I'll pick it and play it during Christmas as well as NYE party if the other people haven't already done so.

The effect of people (have no Korean language training) singing along and dancing to it is hilarious.

thezooloomaster

Honorable
Apr 19, 2012
Only $8 million?! I would have thought it made at least 10 times that. Just because youtube is free doesn't mean it won't generate income. It's the same with free TV.

[citation][nom]cpypcy[/nom]One milliard views, when will people learn?[/citation]
oh get off your high horse. I hate most pop music, but this song is just plain and simple fun and stupidity, which has an appeal to just about every audience.

-Jackson

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012

Key word: Stupidity.

bllue

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
[citation][nom]TheZoolooMaster[/nom]Only $8 million?! I would have thought it made at least 10 times that. Just because youtube is free doesn't mean it won't generate income. It's the same with free TV.[/citation]
It made over 10 times that, just a small fraction goes to Psy. The rest is pocketed by Google.

shikamaru31789

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
I can't honestly say I like this song or PSY for that matter, especially not after all that anti-American stuff he did got dredged up. I purposefully never watched the original, only a few parodies of it and videos of people getting hurt dancing to it on Break and stuff, just so I wouldn't contribute to this "achievement", I've never watched Bieber's Baby either for the same reason. I can think of some other viral videos on Youtube that deserved this achievement more.

G

The song is essentially a satire of the modern incarnation of "conspicuous consumption." If you listen to it, because you really think he's trying to act like a baller, as so many utterly stupid "rap" musicians do, you're probably one of the people he's making fun of.

Attacking the song, because it appears to be endorsing such a lifestyle, is also utterly stupid.
If you're going to criticize something, do it right. Stop being hipsters that hate anything even moderately "mainstream."

Pherule

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2010
[citation][nom]cpypcy[/nom]One milliard views, when will people learn?[/citation]
What's it like living in the 18th Century? Here in the 21st Century we use the Metric system and modern, sensible numeric system. There is no such thing as millard any more. The word you're looking for is billion.

obsama1

Distinguished
[citation][nom]Pherule[/nom]What's it like living in the 18th Century? Here in the 21st Century we use the Metric system and modern, sensible numeric system. There is no such thing as millard any more. The word you're looking for is billion.[/citation]

There's nothing wrong with milliard. It's used in French and German, and British English, but rarely.

Status
Not open for further replies.