Garage Door Opener Help?

Anthony82093

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2012
Not sure if this is the best place for this or not, but my girlfriends Wayne Dalton garage door open has been failing lately, and rarely working. So after work I went to walmart to get a new one(Only play open around 3am). The only one they had was a Chamberlain Universal one. Says it works with all major brands. Including Wayne Dalton.

I've googling so many videos on this stuff, trying for the past hour and a half to get it to work. And now I'm at that point, thinking maybe they just aren't compatible? Even when the Chamberlain says so.

The Opener is a Wayne Dalton Model 3012, while the remote is a Chamberlain Universal.

https://www.chamberlain.com/clicker-black-universal-garage-door-remote/p/KLIK3U-BK2

http://support.waynedaltonparts.com/support/solutions/articles/36020-wayne-dalton-classic-drive

https://www.amazon.com/Wayne-Dalton-303mhz-309884-297134/dp/B0031AWGTE

First is the remote, 2nd is all the info I can find on the opener. And the 3rd is my old opener.

Does anyone with some experience see why they wont connect? Or do you think I'm just doing it wrong, and need to keep trying? Or should I just order a Wayne Dalton one?

Thanks for any and all help!

Solution
the circuit boards in those Wayne Dalton Quantum operators are prone to failure. I own/operate a garage door service company and there is an apartment complex that has a ton of them installed. they're not ancient units but we have to change out 10 - 20 of them per year. most of the time they simply go dead. we can verify power but it will not operate properly. sometimes it is erratic, sometimes it's flat dead.

Does the wall-mounted button still work? if no, i would suggest replacing the whole operator.

I see two sets of instructions for that universal remote. which procedure are you using? one of the two instruction sets im seeing for that unit are not correct.

Wayne Dalton has two different frequencies that they used for their...

dvo

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2008
the circuit boards in those Wayne Dalton Quantum operators are prone to failure. I own/operate a garage door service company and there is an apartment complex that has a ton of them installed. they're not ancient units but we have to change out 10 - 20 of them per year. most of the time they simply go dead. we can verify power but it will not operate properly. sometimes it is erratic, sometimes it's flat dead.

Does the wall-mounted button still work? if no, i would suggest replacing the whole operator.

I see two sets of instructions for that universal remote. which procedure are you using? one of the two instruction sets im seeing for that unit are not correct.

Wayne Dalton has two different frequencies that they used for their removes over the years. 303 mhz and 372 mhz. the Chamberlain universal only works with one of them, and I'm pretty sure it was 372 that worked. If i recall correctly the Quantum operators were 303 mhz.

Solution

Anthony82093

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2012

The wall-mounted button does still work. And my remote will open her door. Just her remote wont work reliably anymore. But alright thank you for the help! I'll order a 303 mhz wayne dalton model on amazon. Thanks again!